Chapter 23: The Fair & Jealousy

author's note at the end, plz read

🍒 Angela🍒

I open my eyes to give them my rant but instead my eyes widened when I saw who was standing in front of me, with his hands on his ear, a gesture for apology.

"Carl?"

He had a sheepish expression on his face when he got to know that the rock he threw actually hit me. I laughed at his expression. "What are you doing here?" I mouthed.

He gestured with his hand for me to come down.

It was strange to find Carl in my backyard. I mean it was really weird to find your handsome savior in your house. I narrowed my eyes, suspiciously and slowly, without making any noise, walked outside.

I didn't want my parents walking up at this time of the night. If my mother sees us, she would totally suggest something. That's what she's like. If she finds me with someone, she'd most probably say "Be safe, kids. I don't want grandchildren right now."

Cautiously opening the door of my house, I got out and closed the door. I jumped in triumph when I became aware that I didn't made a noise. Then I ran to where Carl was standing. "Hey!" I whispered.

"Hi." he said, scratching the back of his head. "So, you're probably wondering why I came at this ungodly hour at your house."

"Exactly. So, what are you doing here?" I asked wrapping my hands around myself since it was a little windy.

"Um... actually I wanted to know if you would go somewhere with me," he spoke, hopefully.

"Right now?"

"Yeah."

"No." I snapped.

"What?" he asked, incredulously.

"You heard me. Why would I go out at this time?" I spoke the obvious. I mean it's probably quarter past twelve by now.

"There's a fair we were going to but it's okay if you don't want too." My eyes widened at his offer and I agreed immediately. Not wanting to sound over excited I just shrugged and nodded, "Okay, fine. Let's go."

"You know you want to go," he smiled, knowingly.

Finally, I gave in. I couldn't keep the excitement in anymore. "Alright fine! Just let me change."

He laughed at my excitement as I ran to change.

Dressing up in a white shirt and loose black pants and summer coat, I wore my black boots. Leaving my hair open after brushing them, I took my cute bunny bag and ran outside.

"Let's go!" I whispered, enthusiastically.

Twenty minutes later we reached the fair and I couldn't help but jump in my seat in excitement. Carl laughed at my enthusiasm as he parked the car. As soon as the car parked, I opened the car door and got out.

"Let's get in! C'mon!" My eyes shined with happiness as I motioned for Carl to move. He got out and we both went in after giving the tickets.

🔼Carl🔽

As soon as I got out the car, Angela took my hand and lead me inside the fair. I laughed at her enthusiasm and let her drag me. She looked around in awe and then to me. She was like a child in a candy store.

Truth to be told, she was the only kindest girl I've ever met in my entire life. She was the only one I've laughed so much with since...I sigh and shook my head to let go of the memories. For now.