Chapter 28: Love Confessions

[a/n: not proofread]

🍒Angela🍒

Everyday I would tell him about my school as well--that Carl had forced me to go to--but today I didn't feel like any of that. I didn't want to speak.

Today marks one month of him slipping into the coma.

It just made me sadder than usual. So, I just kissed his chest and lay my head down on it, away from his heart, careful not to hurt him.

"I love you, Mason. I love you so much."

"I love you, too," spoke a faint, hoarse voice but I had already drifted to my dreamland to hear that.

•••

A weight on my back caused me to wake up. Languidly, I opened my eyes, adjusting to the lights before looking at the source of the weight. I looked down to see that it was actually a hand wrapped around me.

My eyes widened when I felt another hand lifting stray hairs off my eyes.

Immediately, realization set in me and I quickly pulled myself up, looking at Mason's face.

A grimace formed on his handsome face and an 'ow' escaped his beautiful lips.

"Oh my, God! I'm-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to--. Mason you're awake."

It was true. He was awake. My Mason was awake and he was staring at me.

His lips curled up at my stuttering and soon they turned into a frown when he noticed tears in my eyes. He slowly raised his hand to wipe my tears away.

I sniffed. I couldn't help it. He was awake. After a month of bearing pain and agony, he finally opened his eyes. His beautiful glassy eyes that seemed to have lost their spark but they still shined so beautifully.

His face contorted in pain again, causing me to worry.

"Oh my, God! Did I hurt you? Where does it hurt? Are you okay? Is there s--"

I knew I was panicking. Mason kept his finger on my lips to shush me and he smiled. "Idiot."

It was so good to see him smile again that I wouldn't even mind him calling me an idiot. I hugged him suddenly, careful of his injuries. He put both his hands on my waist hugging me back.

"I will call the doctor. Wait here!" I informed him, before running away to call the doctor, not even waiting for his reply.

I even informed Carl on the way. To say he was ecstatic would be an understatement.

Later, when the doctors checked him up, I sat near his bed and held his hand, "I missed you so much Masey."

"I missed you a lot, too, my little Angel," he confessed, caressing my cheek.

My eyes became blurry once again as that scene replayed in my mind. "Mase, I-I thought... I'd lost you."

"What? Did you think I would leave you so early?" he teased but then his expression became serious, "I wouldn't leave this world before hearing a confession from you, Cherry."