[1] Nate?

CHAPTER 1

Charlie's POV 

*DREAM* 

 "Mommy please don't do that." "Shut UP CHARLIE!" I shrank back when she screamed, I hate it when mommy is like this. She yells and screams at me, calling me bad words. I just want my mommy back, the one with the pretty brown eyes and the pretty smile. Who holds me when I get a booboo and kisses me goodnight when she tucks me in. She used to do all of that stuff, until she started drinking from the- I ducked as she threw the bottle of clear stuff and it shattered above my head. It was like this everynight, dodge the bottle. That told me to get out OR ELSE. I don't wanna know what the 'or else' part means, I just want my mommy back." 

              I woke up with a start, my heart pounding in my chest and sweating. I hate dreams about my childhood, yet everynight they came back. I felt Brandon move next to me, "You okay Charlie?" I looked down at my bestfriend, his light green eyes were full of concern. Yes, we're sleeping in the same bed. No, we are NOT sleeping together. That'd be so weird, Brandon's attractive and all, but he's too much of a brother to me. Brandon's the closest thing I have to a family, he's eighteen so he can have an apartment. We both live here, coming and going as we please, it's perfect. When I was ten I broke out of the orphanage the bitch dropped me off in front of. Brandon found me at the park hiding in the tube slide. I nodded, "Yeah, bad dream. Just go back to sleep. Instead he sat up, "What was the dream about?" I suppressed a smile, Brandon always knew when I wanted to talk and when I didn't. "Her." He nodded, as one of the few people who actually knew who Demi is and what she did, he hates her. "What was it this time? "I shrugged, "The usual... glass bottle, yelling."He sighed, "I hate her for what she did to you."I looked down, "I hate her more than anything in the world." Brandon cocked an eyebrow, "You could always go public with it you know." "You know that wouldn't work." It was true, Demi had amazing publicists, they're been sending me fat checks since I was a kid. The orphanage used to take all of them, but I found the P.O box once I ran away and now it's my income. It was never officially said, but I knew they were a gag agreement. I keep quiet and the checks keep coming. No one wants to have Saint Demetria's image tarnished. "I know... I just don't like seeing you being the only one hurting." I smiled, and hugged him. "I'm fine." He hugged me back and leaned down so we were laying on the bed, with my head on his chest. "Love you charlie." "Love you too Brandon." 

~*~

              I was walking down the sidewalk at The Grove when all of a sudden I was pulled into an alleyway. Immediately, my knee went up and hit the culprit in the crotch. "Jesus Charlie." He hissed. I looked up and saw Nate, an older kid from the orphanage standing there holding his groin. "Nate?! What are you doing here?" His eyes flickered around nervously, "Look is there anywhere we can talk?" I hit his chest, "I told you to only find me for emergencies! Do you know what they'll do to me if they find me? I'll have to go back!" Nate shook his head, "This is an emergency. Demi knows you ran, and she's looking for you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Chapter! Hope you liked it! 

Comment and Vote! 

-Rachel