[19] Storm

CHAPTER 19- Storm

Charlie's POV 

"I think you and I both know that's not true." 

        I sighed, knowing that there was no way Demi would let this go. In a way, I yearned to spill my heart out to her and tell her my deepest secrets, but another part of me still didn't trust her. 

"I just... You have to promise me you're not gonna go marching down to that orphanage and beat someone's ass."  

Demi fought a smile, "I'm promise Charlie." 

I sighed, "I was alone in the orphanage with one of the teachers, and he came into my room. He started yelling that I hadn't done my chores bu I knew I had because I burned my hand on the stove while cleaning it. So I told him I did do my chores. Next thing I know he hit me across the face and was getting over me. One of the highschool boys- Blake, who was getting out soon heard me screaming and broke down the door and pulled him off of me and beat him up. I didn't bother staying there, I just packed a bag and left. I slept in the tube slide of the park for a few nights until Branden found me and took me in. A couple weeks ago, I went to the grove and a guy I'd been close with at the home found me- Nate, and told me you'd come looking for me. And now here I am."

I left out the part about the police dragging me kicking and screaming from the house. Good thing too because Demi's eyes were already filling with tears.   

"Charlie I'm so sorry baby... Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "It wasn't important, and it's not really something I go spreading." 

Demi nodded and pulled me into a hug, "I'm so sorry baby. I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again. I promise." 

I sighed and laid back in the bed with my head on her shoulder. 

"I'm fine. It's just sometimes the memories hurt." 

Demi stoked my hair, "Pain shapes us, and in the biggest way is our memories. That's why we have to let it go and make our own shape." 

~*~

Demi's POV  

        Once Charlie fell asleep I gently untangled us and walked downstairs to where Wilmer laid on the couch. 

"I'm exhausted." I groaned, falling onto his lap. 

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "What's wrong baby?" 

Wincing, I rubbed at my neck. "I'm just so stressed lately." 

Wilmer took my not-so-subtle hint, and placed his big hands on my shoulders and began to rub out all of the kinks in my neck. After a few minutes, my back was completely loose, and I was putty in his hands. 

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" 

I could feel the smile on his lips as he kissed my neck, "Maybe a few times." 

I turned in his arms and softly kissed him between each word. 

"I. Love. You." 

On the last one I stayed pressed against him. Everyday this man made me feel like a princess, sure people didn't approve back when we first started out, but they got over it. I'm just glad people can now look past the age difference and see how happy he makes me. 

"Demi?" I looked up expectantly and frowned when I saw his uncomfortable expression. 

"Can I ask you something?" 

I nodded without hesitation, "You can ask me anything." 

He hesitated again, "What happened to Charlie's dad?" 

I froze. 

"You can ask me anything but that." 

Wilmer pulled away and rubbed his face, "You can't expect me to not ask about that. It's obvious she has a dad and I bet she's wondering about him too." 

I shook my head, "I expect you to trust me Wilmer. That isn't a subject you want to get into with me. Just let it go." 

"But-" 

"Let it go!" I stood up, "Isn't it obvious that I don't want to talk about it?! I don't KNOW who her dad is because I was too fucked up when I got knocked up. Is that what you wanted to hear?! I was a slut who paid the price." 

I turned on my heel and walked to the bedroom, slamming the door behind me. 

~*~

BOOM. 

Thunder shook the house and I let out a yelp. Storms like this in California were rare, but still scared the shit out of me each time. Plus it didn't help that I've been hysterically crying since my encounter with Wilmer.

My door creaked open and I looked up, Wilmer was standing in the door way with a solemn expression.  Quickly, I sat up and wiped my nose. He sighed and walked over to my open arms. Greedily, I yanked him onto the bed and curled into his side. 

BOOM. 

My body shook yet again but Wilmer stroked my hair and leaned down to my ear. 

"It's okay Hermosa. I've got you." 

As he continued to murmur in my ear, I felt my eyelids grow heavy, and I was able to slip off into slumber. 

~*Charlie's POV *~   

        I winced as more thunder shook the very foundations of the house and another memory slammed into my head. 

I was crying as the rain hit the windows in sheets and the thunder boomed like bass drums. My door opened, and my mom scooped me into her arms, bringing me to her room. 

"Shhh babygirl, I've got you. Mommy's here." She whispered, kissing my forehead and cheeks in attempt to sooth my cries. 

"Too loud!" I wailed, covering my ears with my hands. 

"Shhh focus on me it's okay baby focus on me listen to me. You're okay, I'm here just stop crying. Calm down. That's it sweetheart." She nodded encouragingly as I took deep breaths. 

"I love you so much." 

        It didn't always happen like that though, sometimes she burst in and yelled at me to shut up, or to stop being such a baby. 

As the storm began to fade, I was finally able to fall asleep.

Little did I know the real storm was just beginning. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

I KNOW IM REALLY BAD AT REGULAR UPDATES BUT IM TRYING. 

GO READ MY NEWEST FANFICTION PAPARAZZI 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel