[10] Nightingale.

CHAPTER 10

Demi's POV

            "Demi." I opened my eyes and saw Wilmer standing there with two plates. I smiled sleepily and nodded, "Hi." He set the plates on the bedside table and leaned forward to kiss me, "Are you okay?" I tried to evaluate that, am I okay? "Not really, but I will be... and she will be too." We both looked down at Charlie snuggled into my side, "I don't want to wake her up, what happens if she goes back and shuts herself out from me?" Wilmer sighed, "She has to wake up eventually. Se either way you're gonna have to find out." I nodded and leaned down to kiss her forehead, "Charlie, wake up sweetie." Her brown eyes-identical to mine- slid open and she squinted at the light. "Demi?" My heart sank, "Right here." She wrapped her arms around me and pushed her face into the crook of my neck. "Tired." I nuzzled into her, "Me too, but we gotta eat, Wilmer made us guacamole." Her head popped up, she loves Wilmer's cooking. "Okay." Charlie sat up and Wilmer carefully set the chips and dip on the bed, "Dig in." 

            After we finished eating, Wilmer left to go clean up, leaving Charlie and I alone. She stared down at the bandages on her wrists with a strange expression. "How're you feeling?" She looked up and shrugged, "C'mon Charlie don't shut me out." She shook her head, "I'm not... I just don't know how I'm feeling right now." I nodded and laid back against the pillows. She looked down longingly and I took her head, "It's okay." She gave me a small smile and snuggled against me. Her body was still tense, but as I wound my arms around her and rubbed her back she relaxed. "So." She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and I sighed, "We do have to talk about this you know." She shook her head, "How about you just tell me what made you start in the first place?" Immediately, something changed in Charlie's eyes. "I-I can't." The desperation in her voice was evident. "Okay baby, let's just go back to sleep." She nodded, and laid her head on my shoulder, "Mommy?" She said in a small voice, "Mmm?" "Can you sing?" 

Flashback 

 "Mommy?" I looked up from my phone annoyed that Charlotte had bothered me, "What is it?" She looked at her feet, "Uhm... Can you..." I walked over and picked her up, bringing her back to her room. I set her on the bed and ripped my hand away when she tried to pull me down next to her, "I'm busy Charlotte. Go to sleep." She pouted, "Sing?" I shook my head, "I've been singing all day." She sat up, "Mommy please?" I threw my phone on the bed, shoving her back against the pillows, my annoyance and frustration getting the best of me. "Charlotte I'm not fucking singing to you. Sing to yourself. I'm going out." 

End flashback 

          I smiled, "Sure." 

I can't sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused.
Everything's in line, but I am bruised.        
I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home. 
I kinda need a hero, is it you?

I never see the forest or the trees
I could really use your melody. 
Baby I'm a little blind, I think it's time,
For you to find me. 

Can you be, my nightingale, 
Sing to me, I know you're there. 
Cause baby you're, my sanity. 
Come bring me peace, send me to sleep. 
Say you'll be, my nightingale....

          I trailed off when I saw her eyes closed and sleeping soundly. I leaned down and kissed her nose, "Goodnight babygirl." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

What did you think? 

-rachel. 

Follow my twitter! 

@Lovatic_Chica