[14] Temporary Home.

CHAPTER 14

Charlie's POV 

            I heard her screaming, and immediately another memory slammed into my head. 

Flashback.

          "Mommy?" I'd woken up when I heard her screaming. "STOPP ITTT!" She screeched again. I ran on my tiny legs into her bedroom. She was curled on the floor with her head in her hands. Instantly, I snapped into action, having dealt with this many times. "Mommy." Her eyes opened, they weren't her usual brown, but flat black. "Go away Charlotte!" She yelled, shoving me back with enough force of put me on my butt. I didn't cry, even though I wanted to. Mommy thinks crying is weakness, and I get hit when I cry. "Mommy stop it." I said, and dodged her hand, moving in to hug her. Soon, she hugged me back and just cried. "The voices are too loud Charlotte." I wiped her tears with my tiny hands. "Then don't listen to them, they can't hurt you." She nodded, and allowed me to lead her to the bed. Before I got in too, I stopped. Mommy doesn't usually like when I get into bed with her. "Oh come here." I was lifted into the bed and she pulled me into her warm body, I nuzzled my face into her chest and tried to make the moment last. Because I knew it wouldn't. 

End flashback. 

           My feet were in motion before my brain could process it. By the time it did, I was standing in the bedroom doorway, watching a very confused and worried Wilmer try to console a hysterical Demi. He glanced up at me, "Charlie you don't need to see this." I sighed, "I know what to do, but you need to leave. It's making her worse." Hey eyes widened, but before he could disagree, another blood curdling scream erupted from Demi's mouth and he quickly got up, nodding to me as he left. 

           I took a deep breath. "Mommy?" She glanced up, "Charlotte! Get out of here and go to your room!" I shut my eyes, for a second, trying to hold back the tears. "Mom you need to calm down." She glared at me, then covered her ears as another wave of demons overtook her. I crawled on my hands and knees over to her, then wrapped my arms around her body in a hug. She struggled for a few minutes, but I kept my tight hold on her. "Demi you need to calm down. Please mommy." Slowly, she transitioned from the screaming into a mental breakdown. Sobs wracked her body as she let it all out onto my shoulder. "I can't babygirl, they're too loud. I can't do this." I grabbed her face in my hands and looked into her warm brown eyes, "Shut them out. Focus on me." She blinked, then shut her eyes, focusing on the battle going on inside of her. I began to hum, then sing. 

 "Young mom on her own, she needs a little help go nowhere to go. She's lookin' for a job lookin' for a way out, cause a halfway house will never be a home. At night she whisperers to her babygirl, someday we'll find out, place here in this world." 

           Slowly Demi began to calm down, her breath ragged as she listened quietly to my voice. 

 "This is our temporary home. It's not where we belong, windows and rooms, that I'm passing through. This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going, this is our temporary home." 

           I finished singing and helped Demi up, bringing her to the bed. She gripped my shirt and pulled me down next to her, "Don't leave me." She whimpered, I cuddled into her side, feeling like Iw as four years old again. "I won't momma." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! A double update! Ya'll can thank @Nirvanaslovato for that! This chapter is dedicated to her because idk she made me really happy on twitter today and inspired me to update again so go follow her! 

BTW. 10,000 READS?! I LOVE YOU GUYS. 

Comment and Vote! 

-rachel