[5] Home?

CHAPTER 5

Charlie's POV  

           I stared out of the window the entire drive to Demi's hours, neither of us saying anything. Finally, we drove down a long winding path and pulled up to a huge mansion. "We're here." I got out and slammed the door, hearing Demi sigh as she too got out. I followed her up the steps and into the kitchen. It smelled amazing, like Mexican food. "Babe?" Demi called, as she hung up her coat. A man came into the foir, "Hey Demi... and this must be Charlotte!" I flinched, the name bringing painful memories. I was keeping myself contained right now, but was two seconds away from loosing it. I just nodded at him and nodded as he kissed Demi lovingly. "I was just making dinner." He looked at me and I gave him a fake smile, "Not hungry." Demi sighed, "You must be tired, I'll show you to your room." I followed her up the first flight up stairs which looked to go to third and even fourth floors, down a hallway and we finally stopped outside a white door. Demi opened it, and we stepped inside, "I hope this is okay." It was huge, with a giant dresser, a large set of windows, and a king size bed. I sighed, "I don't have clothes." She smiled, "You can borrow some of mine." I snorted, "Yeah... no thanks." "Charlotte-" I cut her off and whirled around, "Don't call me that. Let's cut the bullshit. I hate you Demi. To me? You're not my mother. You're just another person who disappointed me. I ran away from the orphanage because I never wanted to be found by you. Ever. So congrats, you get to fuck up my life even more." Demi's mouth opened, then closed and she walked out. I huffed and flopped on the bed, this is going to be torture. 

~*~
Demi's POV 

             I walked out of Charlotte's room in tears. Wilmer was in the kitchen and he turned as I walked in. "Hey hermosa, how'd it go?" I shook my head, "Fucking great. She hates me." Wilmer shook his head, "She doesn't hate you-" "You didn't hear her! She was going on about how I'm a failure of a mother!" He walked forward and pulled me waist to him, his hands ran up and down my sides and kissed my forehead. "Hey, relax Dems. There's a lot of wounds that have just been ripped open. You know you've changed, but she doesn't. She's still that little girl that's afraid of you, and hates you. But you know what? There's also a part of her that misses you just as much as you missed her." I nodded and leaned up to kiss him, my lips lingering against his, "I love you." He smiled and hugged me tightly, "I love you too baby, now go get her clothes." I sighed and nodded, but didn't let go of him. "Demi. Now." He reached behind him and gently unwound my arms from around his waist. "Let's go, come down when you're done for dinner." 

              I walked to Charlotte's room nervously with clothes in my hands, "Charlotte? I have clothes." The door opened and she took them from me without saying anything and shut the door in my face. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, I really hope what Wilmer said is right. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it!

Comment and Vote! 

-Rachel