[8] Closet.

CHAPTER 8

Demi's POV  

             I walked upstairs with Charlie and into her bedroom, there were bags everywhere. "See? Where am I supposed to put this shit?" I leaned into her closet and hit a button on the side, instantly a panel opened and revealed a huge add-on to the closet. I turned-smirking- back to Charlie who's mouth was hanging open. "Holy..." I nodded, "Why do you think I bought this house?" charlie just shrugged and continued to put clothes on hangers. "Want some help?" She shrugged again and I sighed, rubbing my face to try and keep my frustration in check. "Okay." I reached into a bag and hung up a shirt, maybe I did buy too much.... 

~*~

             Finally, after two hours of putting away clothes and makeup we finished. Charlie flopped on the bed and I sat next to her, "So what's new?" She snorted, "Look, let's not try and sugarcoat this, or pretend we tolerate each other. Because I don't want you in my life. What don't you get about that? You can buy me all the shit you want. But you know what? It'll never make up for what you did. Ever." I heard the truth in her words, and as I raised my hand to wipe my face she flinched again. "Will you stop doing that?" She looked down, "It's a habit." "Charlie I need you to listen to me right now, you may not believe it, but it's the truth. I love you more than anything in the world. Ten years ago? Maybe my answer would've been different. You know what happened nine years ago? I went to rehab. I dropped you off at that place because I wanted a better life for you, a better life than I could give you. Between the drugs, alcohol, and self-harm, anywhere away from me was better. I planned on coming to get you after I got totally clean but my management told me that you didn't want to see me, and that you hated me more than anything in the world. So I stayed away as long as I could. I stayed away because I thought you hated me, and I know you still do but I don't care anymore. Because I'm your mother and I love you. Now for the love of God can you just hug me?" charlie looked up and slowly leaned into me. I wrapped my arms around her body and squeezed her tightly. After a few seconds, her body relaxed and she hugged me back, "I love you so much baby." I whispered, and kissed her forhead. 

~*~

           "How was it?" Wilmer asked, as I climbed into bed after my talk with Charlie. "Awesome, she let me hug her." It sounded like no big deal, but considering where we started, this was one small step for mankind, but one huge step for Demi.... or however that shit goes. Wilmer smiled, "See? She's warming up! I told you everything would be okay!" I nodded, and straddled his waist, "Yes you did." Wilmer's hands trailed down my back and squeezed my ass, "I love you." He murmured. I smiled, and knelt our foreheads together, "I love you too." He closed the gap between our mouths and I kissed him passionately. "Mmmm." Wilmer moaned as I grinded down on him, "Shhh,  don't want to wake Charlie up." He nodded, "That won't be an issue. But for you...? You don't stand a chance." I giggled and pulled his lip down with my teeth, "We'll see." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and voteee...? 

thanks for reading! 

Follow my twitter; @Lovatic_chica. 

-rachel