[7] Shopping.

CHAPTER 7

Demi's POV 

             The entire ride to the mall was quiet. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, "Why'd you run away from the orphanage?" Charlie tensed, "Why do you want to know?" I shrugged, "Just making conversation." She looked out of the window at the cars passing by, "New topic." I realized it then, something must've happened for a ten year old girl to run away, something big. "Okaay, what did you do after you ran away?" "Brandon found me." I smiled, "Who's Brandon?" Charlie sighed, "My brother." Now, I was confused, "But you don't have a brother." Her brown eyes, the same color as mine, rolled sarcastically, "Yeah? Well I don't have a mother either." My breath caught in my throat as her words stung. My hands tightened on the wheel as a tear ran down my face. I raised my hand to wipe it away and I saw Charlie flinch. "God Charlie, I'm not gonna hurt you." She stayed quiet, "Charlie look at me." She shook her head and stared at her lap. I pulled the car into the parking lot of the grove and turned to face her, "Charlie." Nothing. Slowly, so it didn't scare her, I leaned over and touched her shoulder, "Charlie, look at me baby." She looked up, slowly meeting my gaze. "I'm not gonna hurt you." She nodded, and I opened my arms. "I'm sorry." She muttered, and got out of the car. I groaned internally, so damn close. 

~*~

                 The car ride home was silent except for the bags crinkling in the backseat, we had to call two more cars for all of the bags. As we arrived home, Wilmer walked out with a smile, "Hey baby." He said, as we walked up. Charlie went right past him and to her room. "How'd it go?" I shook my head and went up to kiss him, "It went." He hugged me, "At least you got to talk with her and spend time together." I nodded, "Yeah... barely." Wilmer cleared his throat and I turned to see the line of drivers and bodyguards bringing dozens of bags inside. "Yeah... I might've gone a little overboard... I wanted to spoil her." Wilmer smiled, "Trying to buy her won't work." My mouth dropped open, "I'm not trying to buy her! I'm trying to make up for the ten years that I fucked up." Wilmer shook his head, "I'm kidding Demi." I stepped back, "I cannot believe you just said that!" Wilmer cocked an eyebrow and whirled us so my back was against the wall and pressed our bodies together, "Would you believe me if I said I was sorry?" I smirked and wound my fingers, "Maybe... If you give me a really prove you're sorry." His mouth upturned into a smile and our lips crashed together, moving in sync for a few minutes until a cough separated us. I turned and saw Charlie, "Hey.. What's up?" She looked from Wilmer to me awkwardly, "Uhmm... I need a bigger closet." I grinned, "No you don't, have you seen the back of that thing?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and vote! 

-Rachel.