[2] The Grove

CHAPTER 2

 Charlie's POV 

"She's looking for you." 

            I blinked, "What?" Nate nodded, "She's back. Demi came to the orphanage, she's trying to re-adopt you." My mouth hung open, "What did she look like?" Nate shrugged, "Different, Put on weight since she was fifteen but in a good way. I mean, I'm not gonna lie if I didn't know about her, I'd hit it." <y nostrils flared, "The fuck did you just say?" Nate held up his hands in defense, "Im not takin' it back!" I almost laughed, before it hit me that Demi is actually looking for me. "Where is she now?" Nate gave me a weird look, "Why would you think I know that?" I cocked an eyebrow and he smiled, "She's here. At Topshop." Fear coursed through me and I stepped back deeper into the alleyway. "I need to find her." Nate's eyes nearly bugged out of his head, "Are you fucking crazy?" He hissed, "You'll get taken back for sure!" I nodded, "Don't worry, she won't see me." Nate hugged me quickly, "I gotta go now, stay safe." I smiled, and he disappeared. I put my hood up and tried to mentally prepare myself for staying invisible, something I'd mastered over the years. Then, I walked straight out of the ally, and into a person. "OOF." I fell back to the ground on my ass. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry are you okay?" I slowly got up and nodded, "It's fine- Holy shit." I looked up straight into the eyes of none other than Demi fucking Lovato. 

               "Y-Yeah, I'm fine thanks." Her eyes searched my face and I knew she thought I looked familiar. I decided to play the fan. "Oh my God you're Demi Lovato!" She smiled, and I felt an ache in my heart. She used to smile at me like that, not some fan she just met. "Are you a fan?" I nodded eargerly, "Yeah I've met you like eight times, We're practically besties." She laughed, a warm sound that made my stomach flutter and at the same time churn. I wanted to throw up. "I thought you looked familiar! What's your name?" Shit. "M-Mary?" I hoped she took my hesitation as being starstruck. "Well it's nice to meet you again Mary, I'm Demi." She brought her hand up and I flinched back, a reflex from so many years with her. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckkkk. Demi's eyes were now concerned, "Are you okay?" I nodded, "Yeah, I think I saw a bee." Her head whipped around and she lurched forward, "Oh my God where?!" I smiled, remembering her fear of bees. "It's gone now, but I should get going too, i'm sure you're really busy... Can I get a picture though?" Normal fangirls take pictures....right? She nodded, "Sure!" I pulled out my phone when all of a sudden Demi grabbed my wrist, "Are these scars?" I bit my lip and nodded, normal lovatics are open with Demi, but no one knew about the self-harm except for Brandon. "All of them?" I shook my head, trying to keep the glare from my gaze. Some of them are from you, you fucking bitch. "Nah, it's a long story." Demi's brow furrowed, "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head, "No... it's okay I have to get back to my mom." Her face fell, "Oh okay! If I ever see you aound again just come and say hi! I don't bite!" I forced myself to laugh with her. No, you just throw bottles and push me against walls when your shitface drunk." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope y'all liked it! 

Comment and Vote! 

-Rachel