chapter 13

“Let’s go to my house. I’m not in the mood to go anywhere. And I want to go home and check on something. I’m in a hurry actually. So let’s go do the assignment at my place”

“That sounds great”

Just as I was about to start walking “let’s go in my car” he suggested. To which I was happier.

“I can go home faster” I thought and we walked towards the parking lot, I was speed-walking mostly.

When we walked into the parking lot the first thing that caught my eyes was the red beauty.

“Omg that car is so cool” I said, surprised, pointing at the red Lamborghini parked 3 cars away from us, totally in love with it.

The car was well waxed and shining on its own.

Brent smiled at me and walked towards the Lamborghini. I looked at every step he took wondering where he is going. My breath got caught in my throat when Brent stood next to the car with the keys hanging from his hand.

“NO WAY” I blurt out and Brent chuckled at my reaction.

“Omg I’ll be going in a Lamborghini”.

My mind was jumping and dancing in excitement. If I wasn’t so worried about Kayden and wasn’t in such a hurry to get back home, I would be happy dancing and doing the Macarena and sniffing and tasting every inch of that car. I’m a sucker for Lamborghinis.

Brent jogged over to the opposite side of the car and opened the passenger door for me. My jaw hung opened at the sight of the door open like a bird spreading its wing. I took a deep breath, my heart pounding against my chest, and slowly sat on the black comfortable, shiny, leather seat not wanting to damage or hurt the car.

Brent closed the door and jogged over to the driver’s side and hoped in. He brought the car to life and we started our way towards the exit when I saw Liza glaring angrily at me from outside when the car drove pass her.

“Ignore her” Brent said.

“She will probably end up pulling off all my hair by tomorrow”

“I won’t let her. So don’t worry”. I should feel butterflies inside my stomach for Brent saying that he will protect me. But instead I felt uncomfortable.

We left school and drove off towards my house. I was so happy and excited sitting inside a Lamborghini for the first time. My heart was pounding fast in excitement at the roaring sound the car was making, attracting everyone’s attention.

When Brent parked the car in front of my house I got off and looked around to see if Kayden was anywhere around. But it was deserted.

“Who are you searching for?” asked Brent from behind me.

“No one…” I lied.

“Let’s go inside” I suggested and I went inside the house with Brent following behind.

“Would you like anything to eat or drink?”

“No I’m fine. Your house looks really old from outside, but super cool from the inside. Have you been living here all your life?”

“No I moved here last week actually.”

“Does it have any ghosts?”

“No its not” lied again.

We both went to my room and started on work.

A few hours passed when Brent suddenly yawned breaking the silence.

“I’m so tired”. He said and walked towards the window at the end of my room and looked out at the forest. I paused my work and joined him.

“Have you ever gone in there? It looks creepy”

“No. I was curious since the day I came. I was tempted many times to go and see what is in there. But I didn’t get the chance to do so. But sometimes at night I hear wolves howl. Which made it even scarier.”

“Do you want to go and check it out? I’m tired of work and want a break.

Let’s go for a walk” he suggested. But I felt uneasy about that idea.

“Let’s go in and come fast. Let’s not go deep into the forest.” With that a thought suddenly hit my head.

“Will Kayden be inside the forest?”