chapter 17

Kayden suddenly kept his hand on top of mine, which was resting on top of my knee. I turned to look at him to see he was already looking at me. We locked eyes and kept staring at each other for a while. I started to feel something weird in my stomach, as if a bomb exploded inside. My heart beating fast, just like how it has been for the last few days. And in this chilly night, my whole body started to get goosebumps and was heating up making my cheeks burn. After a few seconds into staring Kayden started to slowly lean in. His right hand still on top of my left hand. And his right hand, in slow motion cupping my cheek and slowly pulling my head towards him. My heart was beating fast and loud. We were just a few inches away when my eyes slowly started to close. I felt our noses touch and slowly I felt my lips feel a slight touch of his lips when we heard aa “Kylie what are you doing?” I shot open my eyes and moved away to see mom was standing right in front of us.

“Huh?” I was out of words, surprised and confused.

“What are you doing outside? It’s cold”

I was glad that mom wasn’t able to see Kayden, or I would’ve been in so much trouble by now.

“Your home early” I said trying to make conversation and to cover up the awkwardness.

“I finished all my work" she replied and we went inside the house.

Kayden following behind with his head hung low and his hand scratching the back of his neck. I felt awkward too but I couldn’t help but chuckle because he looked really cute.

I was about to go upstairs when my phone, which was in my pocket made a ‘ding’ sound. I took it out to see Amy has sent text. ‘Are you going to the game tomorrow? Please say yes. James is going and I don’t want to go alone.’

‘Yes I’ll be going’ I replied remembering that tomorrow was the game.

Mom went to her room and I started my way towards mine. “I’m going to sleep” said Kayden still looking embarrassed. He went towards the sofa and laid down.

I nodded and went to my room and laid down in my bed when I suddenly remembered what happened before. Then my thoughts changed to remember what happened with Brent at school.

“Why is everyone trying to kiss me today” I thought.

Then I realized that when Brent tried to kiss me I felt lot uncomfortable, whereas when Kayden tried to kiss me I felt comfortable and wanted more and hated the fact that it was bad timing.