CHAPTER SEVEN

You stood up slowly, towering over Michael who was sinking into the sofa. "W-w-what do you mean all of them?" You stuttered. "I mean there's more of them like Harry and we need need to leave Sydney. Now." "No Michael, we're not leaving, we basically just got here." "GOD DAMN IT (Y/N) WHY DO YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME?! I SAID WE NEED TO LEAVE" He was towering over you now. Michael grabbed your hand and pulled you towards your bedroom. You snatched your hand free and stood on the spot with your arms crossed. "I'm not leaving Michael." He sighed. "Fine we'll stay here and I'll let Harry and all his friends abuse me or put me in jail, is that what you want?" He stood in the doorway of your bedroom and turned to you. "No Michael, but I don't understand why they'd do that anyway? You haven't done anything wrong?" "It's not what I've done wrong now, it's what I DID wrong." He pulled a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket along with a lighter and stuck one of them in between his lips, and went to light it. Your eyes widen, "don't you DARE light that in here." With one click of the lighter he lit the cigarette and blew a puff of smoke in your direction. Without even saying a word you picked up your phone and car keys and walked out the door of your apartment leaving Michael standing alone in the doorway of the bedroom you shared.

You got in the car and drove. You didn't know where you were going to go but you just drove. When you reached the beach you decided to pull into an empty parking space and walk along the golden sand for a while, it was late so there was nobody around. When you got to the cluster of rocks that sit on the back of the beach you decide to stop and take a seat on one. You couldn't help but think about Michael and why he was being the way he was. Your thoughts were interrupted when you noticed a tall dark figure walking towards you. As the figure got closer you realised it was Michael's band-mate Calum. "(y/n)?" He called out. "Hi Calum," you said softly as he sat down on the rock next to you. "What are you doing out here at this time?" He asked. "Um, me and Michael are going through some stuff and I needed some fresh air, to clear my head.." God, you were starting to sound like your boyfriend. "Aw well that sucks" he said as he nudged your knees with his. You smiled at him. "You know the beach is a great place to escape, I come here every night to think about the day that's just passed" He explained. You noticed the crinkles around his eyes as he smiled staring out at the sea. "But you and Michael will figure everything out (y/n), you're strong, you always sort things out." "Thanks, Calum." You smiled and looked at him as he ran his hands through his dark hair. "I think I'm going to go back to the apartment and try to sort things with Michael" you say as you got up brushing the sand off your shorts. "Good luck (y/n)" He said looking up at you, "Thank you for your advice Calum", you shouted back at him as you climbed over the rocks and onto the path.

You got into your car and made your way back to yours and Michaels apartment. Pulling into the garage you sighed and whispered to yourself "please god just let me and Michael be happy again." You got out the car and started walking up the stairs and then towards the door of apartment number 23. You heard the booming of the bass of a song as you approached the door and put your key in the lock. "Oh my god Michael Clifford, you are so d-" You opened the door and were hit by the sound of music being blasted and the sight of your apartment full of drunk people dancing. "UGH" you grunted and pushed your way through the crowd of people trying to find your boyfriend but he was nowhere to be seen. You decided to make your way into your bedroom to get away from the crowd. You pushed your way past and shut the door behind you. Leaning on the bedroom door you held your head in your hands and pushed your fringe out of your face. Suddenly you heard the sound of crying coming from your bathroom that was connected to the bedroom. You slowly made your way to the doorway of the bathroom and that's when you saw Michael. He was stood clutching onto the sink with the sleeves of his baseball top pushed up, a razor in his left hand and blood dripping down his right wrist.