CHAPTER FOURTEEN

You took a few steps away from Michael and propped yourself up on the edge of the bed. It was only now that you noticed Luke had left.

"Where did Luke go?" You said trying to change the subject. "I don't kn-" Michael began, "wait, what? Luke was in here with you?!" Michael raised his voice slightly, you lowered yours. "Well yeah you told him to bring me back here and he said he'd stay and wake me up if he heard anything about you.." Michael walked towards you and grabbed your wrist. "Swear to me nothing happened" he said through his teeth. "What, are you crazy?!" You said pulling your wrist away and standing up. "Nothing. Happened. He's your best friend I wouldn't do that." "Pfft, I don't believe you." Michael scoffed walking over to the bed and laying on it casually. "Fine, don't believe me." You said picking up the room key, "call me when you're done thinking crazy shit" you said as you walked out the door.

You pulled out your phone, found Luke's number and pressed dial. You didn't care what Michael thought, you got on well with Luke and that wasn't changing. It rang twice and then he picked up. You made your way to the elevator and pressed the down button. "Hey Luke, where did you get to?" You said calmly down the phone. "I'm just downstairs in the bar, did Michael come back?" He replied. "Uh yeah but I'm now on my way down, see you in like a minute?" "Okay (y/n)" Luke said as he hung up the phone.

When you got to the ground floor you walked round the corner and into the bar where you saw Luke sitting at the bar. His legs were long enough to touch the ground, even when he was sat on a bar stool and he was looking up at the TV watching football. As you walked up behind him you poked his side and said "hey you." He smiled and pulled you in for a hug. "Do you want anything?" He asked. "Uhhhh, anything alcoholic? I could use it" you laughed. Luke placed you an order for a beer each and then he turned to you. "Take it things with Michael weren't great then?" He said running his hands through his quiff. "Uh no, he's basically done something he can't take back and then he accused me of cheating on him.." You paused, contemplating whether to tell Luke of Michaels accusation. "With you." Luke's eyes widened. "What?" He laughed. The bartender placed your beers on the bar and Luke handed over the money. "Oh I can pay for mine if you want?" You said as you reached into your back pocket. "Oh no it's fine! I got it!" Luke said smiling. "But yeah basically, Michael thinks because you were in our room something happened between us.." You continued telling Luke about Michaels accusation. "That's ridiculous." Luke scoffed. You watched panic strike across his face. "I mean-uh-not-uh-that you're not attractive or anything it's just-uh-you're my best mates girlfriend-I-uh" You laughed and placed your hand on Luke's forearm. "Luke it's fine I get it."

"Well isn't this cosy?" You looked up to see Michael standing over you and Luke. "Ugh here we go" you said rolling your eyes and taking a sip of your drink. "You alright Mike?" Luke said turning to face Michael. "Well I was until I saw you getting all cosy with my girlfriend. Mate." Michael said, putting emphasis on the 'mate.' "Michael, we were just talking, seriously, grow up." You said resting your elbow on the bar and looking up at him. You could almost feel Michael tense up. "What did you just say?" He breathed. "I told you to grow up." You said standing up. You weren't afraid of him anymore, you were sick of backing down from him. Michael grabbed your wrist. This was becoming a regular gesture when he didn't get his own way. You tried to wriggle out of his grip but his large hand was locked around your small wrist. Luke could see you struggling and he stood up. "Mike, look you're hurting her, get off." Luke said gesturing towards you. Michael turned his head to face Luke. "Don't tell me what to do to MY girlfriend" Michael said, gritting his teeth. Suddenly Luke grabbed Michael by the neck and turned him so his back was against the bar. Michaels hand let go of your wrist as he turned.

"I said" Luke began pushing Michael's back against the bar with their faces just inches from each other. "Leave. Her. Alone."