CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

When you and Luke arrived at the train track your 'Find My Friends' app had located Michael at, you both slowly got out the car. You looked around hoping you'd find Michael before it was too late.

It was getting dark so it was hard to see but you weren't giving up, you couldn't. "Michael.." You barely squeaked out hoping he would hear you. Nothing, just the same sound of the wind. You saw Luke's tall figure in front of you heading further north down the train track. "Luke, where are you going?!" You shouted in a hushed tone. "Do you want to find Michael or not?" He said glaring at you. He knew you did just by looking at you, "then come on, follow me."

You and Luke walked for about 5 minutes before you stopped when both your gazes became fixed on a figure in the distance. Tall. Messy hair. A beer bottle in hand. Michael.

You started running, with Luke following closely behind you. Your sight began to blur as you felt tears form in your eyes, but you continued running. "MICHAEL" you shouted, "MICHAEL" Luke echoed. You watched as the figure of Michael began slowly walking towards the train track. Almost immediately you heard the faint sounds of a train heading in your direction. You ran faster getting closer to Michael. "MICHAEL CLIFFORD DONT YOU DARE." you screamed. You were only meters away from Michael when you saw a train in the distance. "(Y/N)" Luke shouted from behind you, "WE'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT." You ignored him and ran.

You reached Michael, panting and feeling faint. You and Luke both watched him not knowing what to do. He was stood on the track with his head hanging down his own gaze locked on his feet. He dropped the beer bottle making it smash which shocked you. He slowly lifted his head and turned to look at you. His eyes were puffy and filled with tears and his nose was red. You switched your gaze between the oncoming train and Michael. The train was getting closer and Michael didn't even care. "Michael.." You whispered, "come on, we can fix this, it doesn't need to happen like this, I lo-" "no you don't," Michael interrupted you, his deep voice scaring you slightly. "But I do Michael, please, come off the track." You said as you watched the train come closer towards you, now within meters. "I'm sorry (y/n)."