CHAPTER NINE

You gazed into Michael's eyes thinking about how maybe it would be good to move away, it could be a fresh start for both of you. "Do you trust me?" Michael asked. "Of course" you sighed, "but Michael this is your home, we can't just leave" "No buts, if you trust me then let's leave here and go somewhere where we won't be caused any problems." You paused for a second and looked up at your boyfriend who was looking down at you. "Deal?" He stuck out his little finger to make a pinky promise with you. "Deal." You said, linking your little finger with his. "But where are we going to go?" "I have it all figured out, just pack up your stuff and be ready to leave in the morning" he smirked, "you'll see."

The next morning you were woken up by Michael shaking your shoulder lightly. "Come on babe we need to get to the airport in an hour!" He whispered. You looked at the clock. 3:45am. Was Michael serious? "Nooooo, it's too early Michael!" You groaned at him. "C'mon (y/n) we can't miss our flight!!" You rolled over to see Michael perched on the edge of his side of the bed, fully dressed with a big smile across his face. "This better be worth it," you said as you got out of bed.

Michael didn't stop smiling the whole way to the airport, and he made sure he kept your hand locked with his. Once you arrived at the drop off bay you climbed out of the taxi and got your suitcases and travel bags out and made your way to the check in desk, where you would find out for the first time where Michael was taking you. Michael knew what check in desk you needed to go to so he lead you there squeezing your hand tight and covering your eyes with his hand as you approached it. "Are you ready?" He giggled. "Yes Mikey now move your hand!!" Michael removed his hand from your eyes and you looked up at the screen above your check in desk.

"Virgin Atlantic, 6am flight to JFK Airport, New York"

Your jaw dropped. Michael giggled again. "Are you excited?!" He asked beaming at you. "Michael! We're going to New York?!" "Yeah! I knew how much you wanted to go so I figured what better place to escape to?" He laughed. You basically jumped on Michael and wrapped your arms around his neck before he could say anymore. He laughed and wrapped his arms around your waist squeezing you tight. You pulled away and looked at him smiling, "I'm really really lucky to have you Michael."

Once you had boarded the plane you and Michael made your way to your seats and sat down. You had two seats near the back of the plane next to the window, you sat down at the window seat at peered out at the runway.

This was it, you and Michael were going away, together, just the two of you. Well for now anyway, you knew Michael's band members would be joining you both in New York in a few weeks time as the band had a concert there next month. Michael had originally planned to go on his own and you were going to fly back home but after all the drama in Sydney I guess Michael decided it was best if he brought you with him, and that you went a little bit earlier to spend some time together.

You felt Michael squeeze your hand and you looked over at him. He was staring at you and he had the biggest smile on his face. "What?!" You said as you laughed. "Nothing, you're just so beautiful" he said. You smiled and placed your hand over the bandage on his forearm, "I love you" you said before kissing him on the cheek. "Thank you so much for being there for me this past week (y/n), you mean the world to me." Michael said. "Always?" You asked. "Always" He repeated.