Chapter (33)

Emir was sitting in his office in Kozanoğlu holding. It's beed two days since his talk with Zeynep. Or more precisely her talk with him. He hasn't been able to call her 'cause she was waiting for his answer. He sat alone a thought alot. It's not easy for him to forget an idea that aged more than 25 years. Yes. He was able to finally admit that Nihan was just an idea. He got used to her being in his life even if she resented him. He didn't want to change his routine. He was afraid of change. He was afraid to let go, so he fought. He did a very dirty things to win this war and he was ready to lose his life in the process. But now everything changed. His life wasn't his to lose. He has a son. And his son needs him. Does winning this war worth losing his son? No. It doesn't. He just found him. He just got something that he can truly call HIS. Zeynep was right. He has to make a choice. And it wasn't about choosing Poyraz or Nihan. It was about choosing himself. He has lost enough time running behind an idea, an obsession, a hopeless life with a woman who hated his existence with every fiber of her being.
So, He made a decision. He took a decision that will change his life for ever. He'll let go.

...

Emir's thoughts were cut by the door opening and Asu coming inside.

"So, dear brother. I wanted to make sure that you have everything settled" Asu smirked.

"What do you want Asu? Leave"

"I'll leave. I just came to give you some push in the right direction in case you got cold feet"

"What are you talking about?" Emir asked confused.

Asu gave him an envelope full of pictures. Emir's blood boiled. It was pictures of Nihan and Kemal and their families in some kind of a party.. they were dancing and laughing and so happy. All the reasonable thought he had ten minutes ago left his head. He felt the darkness swallow him once again.

"Nihan had her Hinna party yesterday. Look at them dear brother. Look how happy they are. And look at us. These people destroyed us. Are we going to let them live like that? Are you going to lose Emir?..."

Emir clinched the pictures in his hand. Who was he kidding. He has already lost alot. Is he going to lose to Kemal too? HELL NO.

...

It was the day of the wedding. Emir was in his office waiting by the phone for his men to tell him that they succeeded in kidnapping Kemal. His phone rang and he answered. Mehmet told him that they had Kemal and they were keeping him sedated. Emir hanged up and took a deep breath. He had a bad feeling about this.. a very bad feeling. For the first time in his life he feels hesitant to hurt kemal. He hated the man so much. But he was Poyraz's uncle.

Poyraz came to his mind and Emir closed his eyes tightly. Zeynep's words came into his mind. He stood up and paced the room. Feeling restless. It's have been four days since he last saw his son and he missed him very much. How can he tolerate missing him forever? Zeynep will never allow him to see his son. She'll never let her brother's killer near him. Emir went to his table and took a glass of scotch and Drank it in one gulp. Suddenly the door to his office opened. Galip got inside feeling happy about something. He saw his son in that state and stopped.

"What's wrong with you son. Why are you drinking in the middle of the day?"

"What should I do. I was raised corrupted father. What do you expect?"

Galip went back to smiling again.

"I came to tell you a very good news son. The investors we lost before they contacted us. They want to work with us again. Not just that. We have new companies and investors on the line. Son. The company will be saved. Our legacy will continue"

Emir's interest was piqued.
"Wh.. How?..."

"It's because of this" Galip handed Emir several newspaperes. Emir looked at the pictures and the headlines. The pictures showed Emir carrying Poyraz and smiling to Zeynep while she stood beside him. He read one of the articles and It says.

(Kozcuoglu drama continues but this time it seems that the family's prince is stepping up to take responsibility and to acknowledge his illegitimate child. Not just that, he seems so comfortable with the mother as well. Finally this family found some peace. Let's hope it stays that way).

Emir read the rest and all said the same thing. That's why investors wanted to work with them again. Poyraz mere presence was able to restore the company's image and save it from bankruptcy.

"Look son. Poyraz saved us. He saved his legacy. Now if you man up and marry the mother we'll regain our place in the society that you ruined because of Nihan and your stupid war" Galip said his last words and left. Emir couldn't take his eyes from the picture of him and his family. He stopped at the thought.

(His family). Yes they looked like a true family. They represented a solid image of stability and normalcy. But all this is about to be destroyed completely. This perfect image is about to get burned with his hate and rage. He passed his finger over Poyraz's face and Zeynep's. He wanted to have this. He wanted a normal family. He wanted them. He turned and rounded his desk and took his phone.

He called Mehmet.

"Cancel the operation. Release Kemal" Emir said with determination.

"Are you sure Emir bey?"

"Yes. Release him" Emir said not able to take his eyes away from the pictures.

That's it. No more hesitant. No more doubt. His son is his priority from now on. Nothing else.

.....

Hi lovelies
Don't forget to vote, it's important for me..