Chapter (42)

The following days Zeynep and Emir kept meeting on a regular basis. He was visiting her at the cafe and watch her work or spend some time with Poyraz. Their relationship was flourishing. And they started to get to know each other more intimately.

Emir went to the cafe one day planing to ask Zeynep out for dinner. But his plans were ruined when he saw her sitting on a table with Hakan. Emir never liked him and he never liked their closeness. He saw Hakan put a hand over Zeynep's and his blood boiled . He went to their table and stood looming over them.

"Kutcugum? Detective? What are you doing here?" He asked darkly.

Zeynep immediately stood up. So is Hakan.

"I came to congratulate Zeynep on her new work"

"And why is that? Do you usually do that with all of your cases?"

"Emir. What are you saying? Please calm down" Zeynep whispered.

"You. Don't speak" He parked at her and she took a step back.

"Don't talk to her like that?" Hakan interfered and Emir lost his mind.

"What did you just say? SHE'S MY WOMAN AND I TALK TO HER HOWEVER I LIKE"

"EMIR" Zeynep yelled.

"You are causing a scene. Stop you two. Hakan please leave now and I'm sorry about this"

Hakan nodded and left.

"What the hell Zeynep? Why are you apologizing to him?"

Zeynep just looked at him with astonishment. So hurt and  disappointed. Without a word she turned around and went to her office. Emir followed her. Calling her name repeatedly.

Zeynep went to her office. Emir came after her and closed the door.

"What's wrong with you Zeynep I'm talking to you"

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? ?" Zeynep exploded.

"Why did you talk to him like that? Why did you talk to ME like that?"

"That man should stay away from you. You're mine and I'll make sure he knows that"

"By criticizing me? Emir I'm not a possession. You can't own me. You won't own me"

"You're wrong kutcugum. You're mine and you should keep that in mind and stay away from that bastard"

"You can't tell me what to do. You're not my husband or my boyfriend. Yes we have a baby together. We slept together couple of times but that doesn't give you the right to rule my life. We're not even a couple. We're NOTHING. YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME"

Emir breathes caught in his throat. His mouth was open to say something, but he couldn't. He was so hurt by her words. Zeynep realized what she just said and gasped. She put a hand over her mouth.

She tried to touch his arm but he took  step back.

"Emir. I'm sorry i didn't mean what I said..."

"No.. you're right. We're nothing. Maybe i just got involved in this more than necessary. Don't worry I won't bother you again"

Emir turned around and left.

"Emir. Please don't. .."

Zeynep stood in her place tears running down her face.

(What have I done?? But he started it. Her hurt me first. Is that how is going to be? Who hurt the other more?)
Zeynep sat on a chair and cried.

...

Later that night, Emir was sitting in his office. Drinking. He thought about what happened today. He relived their conversation many times. He knows that he was a jerk with her but what she said hurt him. That's why he was confused. He wasn't the kind of guy who gets hurt by what people think of him. Yes he used to get hurt by Nihan's ugly words to him untill he got used to them, it stopped hurting him that much. What Zeynep said today wounded him deeply, but he knows that she was mad and didn't really mean it. Also he kind of deserved it. He provoked her and she exploded. What should he've done? He hated that man. He couldn't control himself when he saw them.
Emir kept looking at his phone expecting her to call but she didn't. Emir thought that maybe she needs some space. Both need it. Maybe their relationship wasn't meant to last. Maybe they are better of as co-parents and nothing more.