Chapter (37)

Later, They had dinner together and then Poyraz took Emir to his room and played alot. Putting Poyraz to sleep was a challenge. He wanted to play more but Emir were able to convince him by telling him a story and promising to take him to the beach to see the birds the next day.
Zeynep and Emir sat on each side of Poyraz's bed in a comfortable silence.

"I've never had this" Emir suddenly said in a low voice.

"What is it?" Zeynep asked.

"A family" Emir looked at her. Zeynep smiled softly her hear breaking for the little poy who lived a very traumatized childhood.

"I've never had fun as I did today.. and for that I wanted to thank you"

"You don't need to thank me Emir. I think everything was meant to be. We didn't do anything. It's inevitable"

"Yeah.."

Zeynep prepared her room for Emir to sleep in. Emir stood by the door watching her.

"So. We're going to sleep here?"
Emir asked.

"No. YOU are going to sleep here. I'm sleeping in Poyraz's room" Zeynep replied sternly not leaving a place for discussion.

"Come on, we slept in a bed together before remember" Emir said playfully taking few steps in her direction.

"Tha.. that time was different" Zeynep stuttered.

Emir stood in front of her.

"Are you afraid that you wouldn't be able to keep your hands for yourself Kucugum?"

Zeynep looked at him with narrowed eyes.
"Ha ha. Actually. I'm afraid that YOU are the one who won't be able to keep his hands for himself"

"Why don't we try and see for sure?"

"Nope. You'll sleep alone her Mister" Zeynep told him shutting down his hopes. She went to close the door behind her and stopped. If you needed anything you know were to find me. Good night"

"Good night Kucugum"

Emir could sleep at first. He kept looking around him. Seeing everything connected to Zeynep.
She was so coordinated and tidy. He was so impressed with this woman. The mother of his child.

Emir fall asleep that night at the smell of Zeynep's sent. It was all over her pillow and comforters.
It's Amazing how everything concerning this girl made him calmer. She grounds him. She has the power to heal him. And he was ready to give himself a chance to be healed.

The next two days were perfect. Emir spent it with Poyraz mostly. They played and hung out alot while Zeynep worked. Emir Poyraz gotten to know each other more now.
They were having breakfast In the morning after chasing Poyraz a good fifteen minutes to get him to take his medication. Some times he's so tiring. Just like most kids in his age.

"Zeynep. I was thinking since you've finished everything here. Maybe we should go back" Emir suggested, drinking his coffee.

"Uh.. I thought we will stay here sometime.. maybe leave next week?"

"No. Zeynep I was thinking about tomorrow"

Zeynep swallowed hard. tomorrow was Tuesday and Kemal was supposed to leave on Friday. If she could distract Emir long enough till they leave it would be better. Yes Emir promised her to never touch Kemal but she's still worry.

"Um.. why don't we leave on Saturday? I still have to pack and and finish Poyraz's transition from the kindergarten"

"These things we can do today Zeynep"

"But.. I still need some time. Okay? Just a couple of days"

Emir took a deep breath and nodded, unconvinced.

"Alright. As you wish"

He didn't understand why she insisted on staying. But he didn't want to pressure her.

The relationship between them was a bit tense. After thier kiss in the kitchen they kept a small distance between them. Because of their messed up past and complicated present they couldn't get rid of this small tension and awkwardness. They still need to talk about their relationship statue before going forward with it. And both were dreading that talk.

On Friday. Zeynep talked to her mother on the phone and she told her that Kemal has left this morning with his family. Zeynep was relieved. Finally. Her brother will live the life he deserves with the love of his life. She felt guilty for playing Emir like that but she just wanted to protect her brother. .

Zeynep had something to do in the city so she told Emir to stay with Poyraz untill she came back and finish packing their stuff. They were supposed to leave the next morning
Emir stayed with Poyraz. Helping him pack his precious toys and put the others aside for donation. Emir was laughing at Poyraz's antics when his phone rang.

Emir's phone rang and he answered it. His father's frantic voise made worried and he immediately stood up.

"What happened father? "

"Your sister. The Police found her. She was trying to leave the country. Now they'd put her under arrest. There's alot of accusation against her. Come back son we need you here"

"Alright father. I'll come tomorrow"
Emir ended the call and immediately called Mehmet.

"Mehmet. What the hell happened. I gave you a simple mission and it was to find Asu. How was it possible that the police found her before you?"

"I don't know Emir bey. We've looked everywhere. I don't know how they found her"

"Kemal" Emir hissed.

"Kemal did it. Didn't he?" Emir asked.

"I.. I don't think so Emir bey" Mehmet said histanstly.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought it was Kemal at first then I checked. Kemal left the country this Morning"

"WHAT??" Emir exclaimed harshly making Poyraz jump.

"What the hell that supposed to mean. What do you mean left? Did he left alone?"

"No Emir bey. He took Nihan and his daughter with him as well. We couldn't find where did they go. He did it discreetly"

Emir closed the call and took deep breathes. He was furious. Even Poyraz noticed his mood. And was a bit confused. Emir paced the living room back and forth.

That's why Zeynep wanted to wait. She knew her brother was leaving. She knew and played him. She made them stay here longer to give her brother a chance to run away.

Emir couldn't think clearly. He was blinded by rage. He didn't know why he was mad but he felt played and tricked.

Emir turned towards Poyraz and looked at him with determination.

....

Oh no.. Don't do it Emir.