Chapter (40)

It was almost midnight, both were laying on Emir's bed pressed to each other.

"Zeynep?"

"Mmm?"

"Let's get married"

Zeynep opened her eyes suddenly. And sat straight. Looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"What did you just said?"

"I said lets get married"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why. I want you two in my life. I can't just live that far away from my son. Besides. It'll happen eventually?"

"Emir, it's not just about Poyraz. What about me? You're asking me to marry you for the wrong reasons. You can see Poyraz whenver you want but marriage.  It's not that simple Emir"

Emir straightened up and sat leaning on the bed's headboard.

"I.. I thought you'll be happy about it. You don't want to marry me?"

"it's not that Emir. I would love to marry you only if you really want it. I understand why you're doing this. You think you'll fix everything like that. But it's not the right way. Start with yourself. Start with fixing the broken pieces inside you. And I'll be here with you. All the way. The next time you ask me to marry you, do it because you really believe in it. Not because of Poyraz or my family or people. Okay?"

Emir took a few seconds to answer. He nodded his head.

"Yeah. You're right"

"Wooow. Emir bey. You just said that I'm right? See this is an improvement" Zeynep said trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Emir chuckled and opened his arms invitingly. She moved closer to him and put her head on his chest. He hugged her to his body tightly.

"Oh. And Emir? Next time you ask me to marry you. Please have some practice first. Who the hell say 'let's married' as a proposal?"

Emir laughed really heard his body shock. He took a few minutes to let his laugh subsides.

"I didn't think that you like those cheesy methods"

"Baby. I'm a girl. Every girl loves a bit of cheese"

Both laughed and fall asleep that night clutching to each other.

...

Zeynep was at home when Emir called her. He told her to come and meet him at some café. Zeynep told her mother to keep an eye on Poyraz till she come back. Her mother wasn't so happy about her daughter's decisions. No one in her family trusted Emir. And she can't blame them. Their colorful history with Emir can't be forgotten easly. But Zeynep was different. She got the chance to get to know Emir diffently. She saw a part of him that no one else thought it even exist. And because of that she decided to give him a chance. 'Cause she knew that she was falling in love with him all over again and this beautiful feeling was scaring her. Their last conversation about marriage hadn't left her mind. Part of her regretted shutting him down. But the rational part believed that she did the right thing. Emir has to be sure. She didn't expect him to just forget Nihan that fast and fall in love with her but she at least wanted him to marry her out of love at least not out of obligation.

Emir on the other hand was trying. He was trying to be better. He was trying to fix the broken pieces of his life. Deep in his soul he felt hurt because Zeynep rejected his proposal. But he knew that out of the two of them she was the rational one in spite of her young age. Life had shaped her to a strong, collected woman. And he was so proud of his little one, but that doesn't help with the feeling of his ego being scratched at her rejection. He was determined to change her mind eventually. That's why he prepared a surprise for her.