Samantha Cage: Drowning

A/n: YES! I know Samantha's a new character with not much development but even if you don't like her I personally think the story is one of my best. I HOPE YOU ENJOY. P.s. Just in case you forget Samantha's biggest fear is drowning and Mac is scared of heights.

Everybody was laughing and talking on the exfill plane back to LA after a successful mission. There were seven people on the plane you, Macgyver, Jack, Riley, Bozer, the pilot and Samantha Cage. Everyone was laughing and having a good time until you heard a faint beeping noise.

"Guys, shhh." They kept talking.

"SHH!" They see you zoning in and out as you listen to the noise and take worried glances.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Samantha asked in her crisp Australian accent that made your heart flutter. You had a crush on your Australian team member but you knew better than to ask her out. If she didn't like you back that would be a shift in the group dynamic that you couldn't afford.

You look at her and say, "Something's wrong."

Everyone kept talking and you just screamed, "People! Shut Up!"

Everyone stops talking and stares at you in shock. Jack opens his mouth as if to say something but you cut him off by saying, "Shhh... Can you hear that?" The beeping suddenly gets faster and louder. "Search the plane," Samantha demanded. Everyone split up and searched. You and Samantha opened the windows next to the wing. Since a few people were scared of heights you usually kept them closed. You see a bomb strapped to the wing of the plane. The timer is going down...10...9...8...7...6... "Take Cover!!" you shout...3...2...1. Boom! The bomb goes off shattering the left wing. As the plane goes into free fall you, the only person not holding on to something solid hit the ceiling. As the plane hit the water, you slam down from the ceiling and very painfully slam into two chairs. You land on one and the other breaks your leg. You know, sitting for lying on the floor, take heavy breaths. You and Jack are the first to respond. Jack goes to check on the pilot while Samantha, who is now responding, goes to help the closest person, Bozer. You look for who needs the most help Riley or Mac. Well actually, that person was you but other than that, Riley had just stood up and was trying to open the door so you painfully worm your way over to Mac who was slightly hyperventilating with the cart on top of him. You sit next to him to keep him company. "You okay?" you ask motioning to the cart. "Well, no but I will manage." You call Jack to lift the cart off Mac and you all sit down to discuss what to do next. With all that adrenaline running off you start to really feel your injury. "Well our pilot is dead," said Jack. "No one has any luggage on the plane so there's really no reason to stay," said Riley. Mac replied, "I can feel the plane already starting to sink." "Then let's use the two lifeboats. Mac, Jack and Riley in one and Samantha, Y/n and I in the other," Bozer suggested. "I'm down for that," said Jack as everyone else nodded in approval. "Just thought I'd let everyone know," you say, "I'm 100% sure my leg is broken." Suddenly Samantha takes charge. "Okay so here's what we do. Mac make a splint, we will help you to the raft and we just have to make sure you don't pass out." You feel a bit better knowing that she cared. After the splint was made and attached to your leg, Samantha helps you to the raft which you get on with her and Bozer. Once everyone is in the lifeboats and pushed away, the plane sinks and explodes in the water pushing your raft away from Mac, Jack and Riley's raft to the point that you couldn't see them anymore.

You sat silently into you realize Bozer is out cold from heatstroke you gave him an umbrella and an ice pack. You look up to see the blazing sun and suddenly become very aware of your dry throat. Your leg is throbbing in your neck is very uncomfortable. You look over at Samantha who was sitting dead still, her eyes looking all over the place looking like she is about to hyperventilate." What's wrong?" you ask. She's going to answer when the waves started to get bigger. You try to study the raft when suddenly a wave came and swept Samantha overboard. "Cage!" you scream. Out of nowhere the girls known for keeping her cool in all situations starts panicking. "Y/N!" she screams, "Help Me!" "Swim to me, I'll call you up!" You shout back. Samantha starts breathing heavier and as a result, ends up choking on the water and sinking. You start trying to paddle the whole raft to her since you couldn't really swim with your leg as it is. "Ah, screw it!" you shout as you tie a long rope around your waist and dive overboard. You see Samantha trying and failing to swim up to the surface. By the time you had reached sure she had already passed out.

Once you dragged her up and back onto the raft you tried to get yourself back on board. You check to see if she's breathing and she's not. Immediately you start CPR and after only about 30 seconds she coughed up water and started to breathe but she was still unconscious. You sigh and lie back on the edge of the raft and look at the two other people. Bozer was out because of heat stroke, he had an umbrella and an ice pack and Cage, who was also out, with a blanket wrapped around her. A shooting pain came through your leg. You groaned and rolled to face Samantha. Her eyes opened, she looked around panicked and then her eyes met yours. She started trembling and tears welling up in her eyes. You set up and open your arms to her. Right away she leaps into your arms and salt into your chest. After a while, you hear the sobs die down. You lay her head on your lap, kiss her for head and say, "I love you, Cage." And as you look up at the overcast sky you here, "I love you too L/n," from a certain Australian operative.