16

scarlett:
(next day)

i walked into school and went straight to my locker this morning, there's no way i was talking to kathryn today.

i opened my locker and grabbed the shit i needed, and slammed it shut.

i turned around to head straight to class, when i ran into jack gilinsky.

"hey babe." he smirked at me.

as annoyed as i am right now, i needed to go through with the dare.

"hey." i smiled back.

"so, i heard that you wanted to get with me?" he asked.

"and who told you that?"

"johnson, but he says he heard it from someone else."

i nodded my head at his statement.

"well, what do you think about this rumor?" i asked him.

"i happen to like it."

he took a step towards me, making me step backwards. my back was pressed against my locker, and he extended an arm out to prop himself up on it.

"what if i said, i like this rumor too?" i flirted.

well, fake flirted. the only reason im in this is for the free food all year and the $50, i need to pay rent and buy everything on my own now, anything will help.

"we should turn this rumor, into a reality." he reached his free hand out guided his finger along my jaw.

"maybe we should."

he rose his eyebrows at me, and i smiled back at him.

he opened his mouth to say something else, when grayson came up to us.

"what's going on here?" he asked, his usual happy demeaner was off.

"just talking." gilinsky answered, un-propping himself from my locker and standing up straight.

grayson just nodded his head, i could tell he was angry.

"well, what's up?" i asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"i was gonna ask you if you wanted to come home with ethan and i, but it looks like you have other plans."

i really fucked up, didn't i.

"yeah, we do have plans." gilinsky spoke up, making my mouth drop.

"he's joking." i said, giving gilinsky a 'shut the fuck up' look.

"yeah, i'll come home with you and ethan."

graysons mad expression was replaced with a smile, and he nodded his head.

"okay, i'll see you after school."

"yeah, bye grayson." i gave him a hug.

he hugged me back and then did his little bro handshake thing with gilinsky, since they were friends after all.

he walked away and gilinsky spoke up again.

"what was that?" he asked rudely.

"what was what?"

"you just said like a minute ago you wanted to hook up, but you're going home with grayson?"

"well pretty boy, im not gonna get with you after one day of talking."

"then when?"

"after we talk a little more."

"but-"

"bye jack!" i cut him off and sent him a wink, before walking off to go to class.

if i could redo that conversation with gilinsky over again, i would. no amount of money could replace the way he ruined my reputation, and my life overall.

*
literally barley anyone reads this but it's okay because i kind of want to be an author and this is practice, this book will probably have about 50 chapters or so