17

scarlett:
(after school)

grayson was currently driving ethan and i back to their house, me in the passenger seat and ethan in the back.

as we were driving, we were jamming out to my throwback playlist, and aiden's old favorite song came on.

'ignition' by r. kelly.

(a/n if u dont know the song look it up its a bop)

i instantly started to yell the lyrics out, just how aiden and i used to do. as i was singing, i had flashbacks to when aiden first got his license, and he drove me literally everywhere.

(flashback in italics)

"it's the remix to ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen, mama rollin that body got every man in here wishin!" aiden and i yelled, cruising through my neighborhood.

he was currently dropping me off at my new freind, kathryns house. we became friends like 3 weeks ago, and this is the first time we're hanging out.

"sippin on coke and rum, im like so what im drunk? its the freakin weekend baby im about to have me some fun!" we sang our hearts out.

"this is my favorite song!" aiden yelled, drumming to the beat on his steering wheel.

"i like it too!"

he turned to me and flashed me a smile, and i returned one back.

we played that song on repeat all the way to kathryns house, and it was stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

"whoa scarlett, what's wrong?" grayson asked, snapping me out of my daydream.

i looked up and saw we were stopped at a red light, grayson and ethan were both staring at me.

"what?" i asked.

i then felt the tears in my eyes, nice one scarlett.

i tried to blink them away, but they fell down my face.

"nothings wrong." i lied.

grayson wiped the tears off my cheeks with his thumb, and gave me a sympathetic look.

the light turned green, and grayson drove us back to him and ethans house.

when we got there, we all went straight for the kitchen, grabbing snacks and drinks.

"im gonna go to the store real quick." grayson called to us.

"why?" ethan and i asked simultaneously.

"because, ill just be back soon." grayson ignored our question, and took off out the door.

"what a weirdo." ethan laughed.

"gotta love him though."

we took our snacks and plopped down on the living room couch, turning on the tv and watching the office.

after an episode, grayson came back with a target bag.

"scarlett, can you come with me to my room?" he asked.

"whoa grayson, don't have sex while im in the house." ethan interrupted.

grayson shot him a 'shut the fuck up' look, making ethan laugh.

"yeah, i'll go with you." i responded.

grayson grabbed my hand and the bag, and pulled me up to his room.

"so, what's up?" i asked, sitting down on his bed.

"well, i knew you were upset. so i went to the store and got you these."

he pulled a small bouquet of roses out of the target bag, and handed them to me.

"aw grayson, thank you so much." i said, sniffing the roses.

"no problem at all, i just want to see you smile."

my heart fluttered at his comment, and i couldn't help but think... do i like grayson?

*
kind of a filler chapter but i wanted to get the whole roses idea into the book

roses//g.dजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें