Chapter 5

When I woke up I could see the sun rising. I slept all the way through the night. I really tired myself out with all the crying. I got up and went down stairs to have some more fruity pebbles. I grabbed the box, bowl and finally a spoon. Oh yeah milk then sat down and started eating. When I was eating my second bowl Bill came in.

"Morning". He says.

"Morning Sir". I reply.

"Are you doing any better" he asks.

"I don't know if I will ever be better". "But I am alive so that counts". I tell him.

I got up put everything away. I was walking out.

"They got your letter". he tells me.

"Thank you, Sir" was, all I could say.

He gets up and grabs my arm. I turn to face him.

"I know you are sad but things will get better". "They know you are ok and you got to say goodbye". "I am sorry I can't give you more". He tells me.

I started crying. That's when Billy came out. He hugged me, he picked me up. I wrapped around him. my head is on his shoulder. He carries me to the game room.

"come on let's go play a game together". Let's Play pool". Billy says.

He put me down on my feet. Then we start playing. It was fun it reminded me of old times. Every time he looked away, I cheated like I used too.

"Do we have music in this house"? I ask.

"yeah, we do". he responded

walking over to the jukebox I never really noticed.

"What do you want to hear" he asks?

"Country". I say.

Soon the room is filled with music. I can't help it I start dancing around.

When the song (Austin) came on, he came over to me, grabbed my hand and we danced all around the room. I haven't danced like this in years. I am surprised that I remembered the steps. The whole time we danced he held me close. I missed dancing. I didn't even know it till now. When the song was over I went and sat down on the couch and looked at Billy.

"Thank you". I say.

For them four minutes I had fun. then I felt bad for having fun. I am in a rock and a hard spot. I feel bad no matter what I do. I shouldn't like it here. I should be hating every second. I just can't help enjoying it. I need to learn to make the best out of a bad situation. I got back up.

"hey Billy", want to play pool some more". I ask

"Sure, Sweets let's play". He says.

I couldn't help but dance to the music. It's always been my escape when I am sad. I put on music and it feels like its healing my soul. He just kept smiling at me. when (We Danced) started playing. I looked at him.

"remember"? He asks.

"Yes, I do let's dance". I said.

We held each other close. when the song was over he gently kissed my lips, I was shocked, but I felt something. I grabbed his face and kissed him again. I had to see if that spark was still there. The moment our lips touched I felt sparks. I guess there is still something left. He put his forehead on mine.

"I know you felt that". he says.

I locked eyes with him.

"Yes, I did". I tell him.

His phone rang. he took it out. Bill took over.

"I will be back". he says,

walking out the door. I decided just to sink the balls seeing if I could do some trick shots. I haven't played in years. I was so shitty at it. But I was having fun so who cares.

When he came back it was Bill.

"I felt the spark to". "This just proves to me that we were meant to be together I told you". "Come here" he says

I walk to him and he grabs me and hugs me so tight. all I could think is Bill is hugging me. he never does stuff like that. When he let go.

"It was meant to be us vs the world" he says while laughing.

I couldn't help it I giggled. He swung me around

"that's the most beautiful sound in the world". He tells me

I couldn't stop giggling It felt so right.

"Cheyanne, I know this is asking a lot but would you sleep in my room tonight"? He says.

I pulled back.

"I am not having sex with you". I tell him.

"I don't want that". "I just really want to hold you again". "please think about it". he asks.

Wait he is asking me not telling this is new.

"I will think about it". I tell him.

"Alright so what game should I kick your butt at" he said.

"mmm let's see how about Mario Kart". I say.

He quickly got up grabbed the controllers handed one to me and sat on the couch. We had so much fun it was so nice to laugh again. we stopped long enough to have dinner. Then we played again. Bill has spent the whole day with me. he has never done this before. Normally he is too busy. He has changed. I wonder what changed him. It was getting late. I could feel my eye lids getting heavy. I looked at Bill.

"I will be back in a few minutes ok". I say.

He nodded. I went to my room changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth and grabbed teddy. Then I went back to the game room.

"I am ready for bed". I tell him.

He stood up.

"Really"? He asks shocked

"Yes really". I tell him.

He leads me upstairs and unlocked another door. Inside it had dark blue walls. A huge black bed, 2 side tables and a small dresser. I tried climbing on the bed, but it was too high. I was going to have to jump. that's when he grabbed me picked me up and put me on the bed.

"Thank you" I say.

I went and laid down. He went in the closet and changed into pajamas pants and crawled in. he pulled the blanket over me and he very gently pulled me onto his chest. I laid my head listening to his heart beat and before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep. I couldn't believe it I felt safe. I felt safe with Bill.