Chapter 3

Sadia sighed and messaged her temples.

This is not good. She thought to herself in despair.

In front of her sat Anissa Ghulari. She was just sitting there, her body posture relaxed, her legs pulled up and folded. Like always, the young lady was dressed immaculately in a causal yet rich lawn outfit, designed to perfection. Her neck adorned with jewels and her wrists heavy with gold bangles. There were only two single rings present on her left middle and ring fingers which Sadia had inferred as her engagement and wedding rings.

Anissa was staring blankly at Sadia. And it made Sadia feel uncomfortable. She never felt this way with a female patient before. She had seen many patients in her short career but none of those cases seemed as hopeless as this one. Part of the reason being that Sadia didn't have a proper patient history. Shehryaar didn't say anything apart from vague details like he had to discipline her in terms of a little violence and after her miscarriage, she became like this. And Sadia pitied the poor broken woman who was sitting in front of her. She was completely flailed. And Sadia couldn't help but blame the man who called himself Anissa's husband for what happened with Anissa. She usually didn't sympathize too deeply with her patients but something about Anissa Ghulari's condition had Sadia's heart clenching with pity and sadness. What a sorry state the young lady was in, Sadia could only imagine what she might've gone through. Sadia didn't know the proper history but from her observations, she knew that her patient was deeply traumatised. And when Sadia recalled what Shehryaar Ghulari had told her, she felt shudders run down her spine in fear.

'I saw her two years ago. She had saved my life. After that, I wanted her but I couldn't get her due to some circumstances. And I grew obsessive. She became my obsession that I pursued for years. But when my path was cleared, I got to her and forced her to marry me. The forceful means I had to use were hard and somewhat violent. But she didn't give in. She kept on disobeying me. And i hate disobedience. So, I had to use force but she resisted and fought me. She tried to get away from me but I got her back. After that, I just wanted to hurt her back for betraying me. So I had to use some indiscreet means. That resulted in her becoming violent. I didn't know that she was pregnant at that time and the events happened so fast that it led to her miscarriage when she fell from the stairs. She was in a coma for some days and when she woke up, she's been like this. I've had every doctor look at her. Physically she's completely fine and healthy. But if that were the case, then why the hell is she like this?'

Why indeed? Sadia thought, her eyes trained on Anissa's face. what Shehryaar Ghulari had told her was very vague. He didn't go into detail although patient history demanded detail. And Sadia could only ask limited questions which Shehryaar was skeptical of answering. She didn't ask beyond that because she knew that he wouldn't tell her anything else beyond what he already told her because he didn't trust her and her own fear didn't allow her to cross a powerful man like Shehryaar Ghulari who could easily have her licence revoked. But she could easily tell that he had trust issues. And it was alright but still, she needed to know what happened so that she may arrive at a diagnosis. Without a proper history, Sadia couldn't come up with a diagnosis. And it was clear that Anissa herself wasn't in any position to say anything. History is always taken from the patient but because of Anissa's mutism, she couldn't say anything much less give a history.

If Anissa Ghulari had suffered abuse then Sadia needed to know what type of abuse. If she had undergone harsh and violent treatment from her husband then she needed to decipher what type it was.

Sadia sighed and jumped to her feet. "I think that it's enough for today." She smiled defeatedly at Anissa.

And Sadia knew that if she didn't work fast and produce results then this would result in her first failure. Sadia didn't mind making mistakes or losing but she hated feeling disappointment at something that she knew she could accomplish with hard work and effort. That's what she always did. So, she wouldn't give up. She would have to put away her silly fears and ask of Mr. Ghulari what was needed for his wife's wellbeing.