Chapter 32

Slowly, consciousness aroused in her, wakening all her senses.

She didn't open her eyes. Her hearing was dull. Her eyes rolled behind her closed lids and her nose flared as she took in deep breaths. The fresh air entering her lungs rejuvenated her body and that's when she started to feel strange.

Her body felt stiff and heavy. Her limbs were stuck in place. Her mouth felt dry and her throat hurt as as soon as she tried to swallow. Her head was heavy and pounding with pain.

Her eyes opened. Her vision was blurry. She had to close and open her eyes again but the blurriness remained. She tried again and when her vision cleared a little. it was greeted by white and it was so bright that she was forced to squeeze her eyes shut.

Her lips parted to let in some air.

She opened her eyes again and looked around herself. She was in an unknown room but the objects in the room were very familiar for her to know that she was in a hospital room. Her neck ached as it moved and she looked down to see that her body was covered, she could feel something wrapped around her forehead and her on the soles of her feet.

There was a moment of confusion. She couldn't understand why she was in a hospital room.

But one glance at her arms and wrists triggered her mind to start processing. As soon as her eyes landed on her arms that were full of bruises and marks: many of which had faded, appearing greenish blue at places but on her wrists, the marks were even more prominent.

Her breath got caught in her throat and her heart almost stopped. As if she was struck by a bolt of lightening, realization dawned on her. Her eyes widened and that's when she started to recall everything.

That night.

'No please!'

The struggle.

'Please! Don't do this!'

The agony.

Her eyes filled up with tears and she began to choke.

The whole torment that she went through.

Her head began to hurt so badly. Now that she was completely conscious, she felt only one thing which overwhelmed her.

Pain.

Pain everywhere.

In her body, in her mind and in her spirit.

Why? Why did it happen to her?

What did she ever do to deserve so much pain and anguish?

She was always a good girl. She always obeyed her father, tried to be a good law abiding citizen, a passionate patriot and a devoted physician. Then why?

Her heart ached so much. All she wanted now was to be in the warm embrace of her father. She wanted to feel safe. She wanted someone to tell her that everything would be alright.

But she knew that things could never be alright with her ever again.

She was stripped of her innocence.

Her purity and chastity was taken away from her.

All that she could feel now was the deep agonising pain that kept ripping through her heart.

As she sobbed silently, she looked at her arms and all of a sudden, she felt so much disgust and revolt with herself.

She began to choke on her sobs as the memories rekindled in her mind and repeated the events over and over again. Her skin began to crawl with chills and her stomach churned as her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach.