Chapter 4

"I can't fucking believe this." I said to myself as I saw Shahzeb help Shehryaar sit at the sofa.

I just got back to find out that Shehryaar was found and Shahzeb brought him back. He was bare chested, white gauze covering his abdomen as a jacket hung on his shoulders. His pants were messy as well as his boots. Shehryaar glared at me, his face twisting in pain.

"I believe it. I just fought off the jaws of death." He tried to humour me but I was too damn serious and too damn furious with him to be humoured.

"I know," Shahzeb sighed, looking at his brother with relief as well as concern. "You've been missing for almost twenty four hours now. How the fuck did you end up in a government hospital?" He inquired, his tone hard.

Shehryaar threw his head back, resting against the sofa as he rubbed his forehead.

"The deal with the chinese didn't go well." He sighed.

"Of course it didn't go well." Shahzeb sneered. "How did you think it would go? They don't know about us and they don't trust us yet you ended up going to them and ordered them for an alliance."

"I didn't order. I offered. And it was a good offer which those bastards failed to recognise." Shehryaar rebuked.

"It doesn't matter Shehryaar!" Shahzeb said loudly. Shehryaar glare at Shahzeb. I know that he hated it whenever Shahzeb used his authoritative tone but he had no choice right now. Shahzeb was worried sick when Shehryaar went off radar for almost a day. He didn't follow Shahzeb's instructions to stay away from the Chinese Mafia in Islamabad but Shehryaar was adamant on making ties with them.

"I had told you to stay put." Shahzeb gritted through clenched teeth. "But you don't give a fuck to what I have to say, like always. I had told you to wait, we will meet with the Chinese Mafia boss in Beijing but you didn't heed my warning. You almost got yourself fucking killed!"

Shahzeb was literally exploding and Shehryaar was as nonchalant as ever. It pissed me and Shahzeb off.

"Well I'm not." He rolled his eyes. "I got back. I'm fucking alive as you can see."

"Yeah I can." Shahzeb shook his head, his tone lowering as his anger slipped away from his face and concern replaced it. "Then you're a lucky bastard for that. But that's not my point. You're always reckless and impulsive. You always try to dominate everything that you can get your hands on. Don't you realise what could've happened if the worst came to pass? You could've died."

"Well, I didn't." Shehryaar snapped and tried to get up but groaned as he tried to stand. I came forward to help him up but he stopped me with a gesture of his hand.

"They almost ended up killing me but I'm alive." Shehryaar spoke, his voice laced with the pain he was feeling. "So, you're going to go to Beijing next week and set up a meeting with their boss. They know about us now."

Shahzeb's face hardened, his jaw clanched tightly when he realised something. "Did you deliberately do this?"

Shehryaar smirked. "That I did. They shot another Mafia boss at a meeting, thus breaking some rules and now, we have them. If we use this chance wisely, we can have the Chinese Mafia as allies." Shehryaar stipulated.

Shahzeb was silent as he contemplated what his brother just told him. It baffles me sometimes to think how calculative Shehryaar was. His every move was made wisely. He was one power hungry mad dog, going so far as to risk his life for an alliance with a Mafia that is famous for having no friends.