Chapter 8

Sadia was lost in a daze.

Zameer closed her door and went to the driver's side.

Collateral? What does he mean by that? She kept thinking and thinking but she was just too confused.

Zameer started driving and it was only when her body jerked a bit from the movement of the car did Sadia come out of her confused trance.

"Yo-you....," she swallowed hard, leaning against the door as she turned to looked at Zameer. "You wouldn't.......possibly kill me.....,would you?" She inquired.

Zameer softly snorted. "No,"

Sadia almost breathed with relief but she caught him mutter lowly. "Not yet anyway."

Sadia went rigid. What's that suppose to mean?

"Wh-what do you-"

"You don't need to worry for now." Zameer interjected. "Just be rest assured that your life isn't in any danger as long as you do as I say." He told.

"An-d what exactly i-is that?" She asked in a broken stutter. "A-and, where are y-you taking me?" She inquired as she saw that they were on the main road but not going on the direction that led to Sadia's work place.

Zameer's eyes remained on the road but he noticed Sadia's confusion and worry. And she was right to be worried too.

Sadia's mind went blank for a split second. All the events of the day rewound in her mind. Collateral. Mafia wars. And when it clicked, panic bloomed in Sadia chest. She knew that the city of Karachi was a centre of many Mafia and gangster wars for the past two years now. And the army was already conducting military operations against them to restore the peace but so far it wasn't working. But.....what was she to do with anything? She wasn't a part of the military.....,

Unless, No, it couldn't be! her eyes widened. She thought and put two and two together; her father was a part of the intelligence now.

'I've been posted in the ntelligence this time...,'

Was she being taken because of her father?

And that's when she realised that she was being abducted.

"No! No!" She screamed and turned to the door, pulling on the handle frantically but it wouldn't open the door.

Sadia had no idea why she was being abducted, maybe it might have something to do with her father's work but it didn't matter. All she knew was that she had to get out.

"Please just let me go!" She screamed, losing all sense of composure.

Zamwer immediatky pulled over at a dark curb. Sadia tried to open her door but nothing worked. She started to beat on the glass window, screaming for help.

Zameer was calm. He had anticipated this reaction from Sadia. However, what he didn't expect was that she would react this soon. She had figured out the situation in a matter of minutes which was too fast. Usually, a regular person would be too shocked in fear and confusion to react but Sadia wasn't just a regular person, she was very intelligent.

Sadia kept on beating at the window, throwing punch after punch. What she didn't see coming in her panic stricken state was a cloth dosed in chemical being forced upon her nose and mouth. Automatically, she inhaled. The chemical was strong. She began to feel lightheaded, her body falling back to the seat limply.

What.....did he make me breath? She thought as her vision blurred, her muscles relaxed and felt heavy as led.

Zameer got out of the car and went to the passenger side. He pulled open the back door and then went for the passenger door, being careful since Sadia was still leaning against it. Bending down, he placed his arm beneath her shoulders and the other one under her knees and carefully pulled her up in his arms.