Chapter 15

There was complete silence.

No one moved.

For some, even they had stopped breathing and Gen. Abdul Rehman, he was completely frozen in shock.

He couldn't believe what Sadia had just said and he wasn't the only one who heard it. Everyone in the control room had heard it.

Gen. Bajwa was the first to react as he let out a deep sigh and looked at Gen. Abdul Rehman.

"Sir?" He called and went to him. Gen. Abdul Rehman's face was ghastly pale, his dark eyes wide and full of disbelief.

"Rehman, listen to me." Gen. Bajwa stood by his Friend's side as he squeezed his shoulder, standing close enough to whisper.

"I know that the situation has taken a turn for the worse but please, you need to compose yourself. We can't have the Chief getting involved." He informed. Gen. Abdul Rehman turned and started to walk out of the control room.

The Army Chief.

He was the last person Gen. Abdul Rehman wanted, to be involved in this because this situation had turned too personal.

And now, the situation had taken such a drastically different turn. No one had ever expected this. After they had witnessed Sadia being shot, Gen. Abdul Rehman fainted and such an act was just too compromised. Everyone understood his sentiments but unfortunately no one could do anything about it. It had been more then 72 hours and Gen. Abdul Rehman had given strict orders to trace the calls and video feed but even the most dedicated and skilled hackers couldn't do so. So far, Gen. Abdul Rehman had kept the situation under control and he didn't want this matter reaching the Chief but it seemed hopeless now. Not unless Gen. Abdul Rehman had access to the Central data servers, which could only be authorized by the Chief of Army staff and only to be used in times of national crisis, he saw no other way of getting his daughter back.

Gen. Rehman collapsed on his seat and massaged his forehead. Gen. Bajwa followed him to his office. And now that they were behind closed doors, Gen. Bajwa could speak openly.

"Rehman, I know that-"

"I need access to the central data servers." Gen. Abdul Rehman said immediately. Gen. Bajwa paled. But from the serious look that Gen. Abdul Rehman was giving Gen. Bajwa, he knew that there was no jest in his statement.

"Have you lost your mind, Rehman?" He hissed and pulled out a chair from the desk and sat down.

"Get me GHQ." Gen. Abdul Rehman demanded. "I need access to the central servers and I don't care what I have to do to get it."

Gen. Bajwa sighed. "I know that this situation is too distressing but you mustn't forget your position. Your judgement is too compromised-"

"Of course it's compromised!" His fist came banging hard on the desk as he viewed Gen. Bajwa with anger.

"My only child is in danger! She'll be killed if I don't do anything!" He shouted.

"Rehman, I understand how you feel but you also need to understand what position you're in." Gen. Bajwa tried to reason. "What position? If they want to court martial me after this then so be it but at least I will have my daughter back!"

"That isn't what I meant," Gen. Bajwa sighed deeply and when he saw his friend's defeated expression, he knew that he was going to listen to what he had to say.

"Right now, you're the commanding officer of the the military intelligence. Right now, we are dealing with an enemy that we've finally backed into a corner after years. And we cannot simply give it up-"