Chapter 5

"Dr. Sadia?"

Sadia was disturbed from her nap by her assistant. "Is she awake?" Sadia inquired as she got up.

"Yes, she is. She's demanding to leave."

"Leave?" Sadia frowned. Why on earth would that patient want to leave? "Did the house officer take her history?" Sadia asked she quickly donned her shoes.

"The patient is refusing. She demands to leave."

"Well, that shows that she's either confused or afraid." Sadia muttered and quickly left her office for the ER. As soon as she entered the ER private wards, she saw her patient trying to struggle out of the Nurses' grip who were trying to calm her down.

"No, let me go! I don't want to be here!" She screamed, her face tear stained. Sadia quickly ran to her.

"Woah woah, calm down." Sadia said softly but the girl wasn't listening. Sadia quickly ordered the nurses to let go and as soon as they did, the girl started to shake and tried to get off the bed but collapsed as soon as her feet touched the ground.

Sadia helped her up. "It's okay. You're alright."

"I shouldn't be here. I need to leave." The girl cried.

"It's alright. You can leave but we need to check you up first."

"No please!" The girl was horrified, her face ghastly pale and panick stricken. "I need to get home. I need to get back!"

"Would you like for us to call your parents?"

The girl stilled as soon as she heard Sadia say 'parents.' Sadia anticipated this type of behaviour from the girl. It was typical for a rape victim to be traumatised and have panic attacks and when she fainted, this was to be expected.

Sadia sighed and instructed the nurses to put her properly in the bed.

Sadia remained with the girl until she woke up an hour later. But this time, she was relatively calm. Sadia noted down her behaviour. It was important to be vigilant with these kinds of patients.

"How are you feeling?" Sadia asked. The girl looked at her and her eyes welled up all of a sudden.

"Please help me." She cried, in English.

Sadia offered a kind comforting smile. "That's what I am here for, my dear." She said in English as well. "I'm Dr. Sadia. I'm here to help."

The girl stared at Sadia in bewilderment. "You're a doctor? You're so young."

Sadia chuckled. "I get that a lot. But yes, I am a doctor." Sadia's looks easily gave her away. Even though she was twenty one, people usually took her for a teenager or a medical student instead of a consultant.

"Now, please relax." Sadia started when the girl tried to sit up. Sadia helped her up. "Are you relaxed?" she inquired.

The girl was staring into space, tears falling from her eyes, a look of utter despair and devastation marring her features. Sadia couldn't help but pity the poor girl. As soon as Sadia was going to start, the door of the wardroom opened and in walked a senior consultant and took a seat beside Sadia. She was Sadia's supervisor. Even though Sadia was a consultant herself, but the department didn't trust her with delicate cases since Sadia had a record of not dealing well with them. But Sadia never seemed to mind: she always believed in improvement and that's exactly what she was here to do.

"Is she oriented?" The doctor inquired.

"Yes, madam, she is." Sadia replied. The doctor nodded and turned towards the young lady, a soft smile stretching on her lips.