Regret

Luke's Pov

The pieces of map have successfully been dispersed over the galaxy. I left my lightsaber with Maz as I knew it wouldn't be found there easily and left Y/n's lightsaber in a place I was sure Leia would find it. I flew for days before finally arriving at my destination. I was greeted by the inhabitants. Porgs, Caretakers, and a few others.

 I found out that if I didn't do any damage, I wouldn't get in trouble with the Caretakers and the Porgs were just plain curious. There were also other creatures that I learned to eventually get milk from. 

I figured out how to get around the island easier and had sunk my ship because I would never use it again. I had found the long forgotten Force Tree. It contained the old books of the Jedi although I didn't dare read them. I also learned how to disconnect myself from the force.

All was peaceful on this island. Nothing could disturb it.

Leia's Pov

I was struck with sadness when I learned that my own son had turned to the dark side, taking many others with him. I had to sit down when I learned that my poor brother, who had been my son's mentor, ran away. Nobody knows where he went although we were left with a piece of a map that would lead us to him when we had the whole thing. 

I lead a group of the resistance to the planet Luke trained his students to find it in ruins. All the huts were demolished and many trees surrounding the area were burnt down. There were dead bodies strewn across the clearing. It was horrible. I couldn't believe that my own son could do this. 

I looked around until I saw a hut hidden in the trees. I guess that it used to be fully hidden by the trees but it was revealed when they burnt down. I walked towards it while the others continued looking around the demolished huts that were in the clearing. I found the door slightly ajar and walked in carefully. I recognized some of the items to be Luke's so I knew this was his hut. I noticed that the table in the corner had something on it. I walked closer and found that it was a lightsaber. I was curious as to who's it was because it definitely wasn't Luke's. I found a note attached to it and began to read. 

"Dear Leia. I'm sorry that I failed you in training your son to be a Jedi. I have taken it upon myself to leave the galaxy so that I won't cause any more trouble. I have spread a map across the galaxy in case someone wants to find me. I know that the First Order will try to look for them once they find out too so be careful. This Lightsaber is Y/n's. I found it in the ruins of her hut. I know she is alive although I have no idea if she is safe or not. I know you will try to find her and if you do, please return this to her. Again, I'm sorry. From your brother, Luke."

I was sad that he blamed himself for Ben's turning, but I knew it was also my fault too. If only I had reached out to him a bit more instead of sending him off to Jedi training when he wasn't ready. 

After putting Y/n's lightsaber in a satchel. I walked back to the clearing. Everyone was ready to go so we left. As we flew back to the base I promised myself and Luke in my head that I would find Y/n.

Alive.