Working at the Base

Y/n's Pov

The meeting lasted well into the afternoon. We were going over flying techniques, ships, etc. The had new ships that were being built and bought on a planet that I knew too well. And that wasn't exactly a good thing. Cantonica was the home to the biggest gambling city and the richest people. That would also be the place that they built ships for both sides and where my parents went to after they sold me and my sister.

I was slightly glad when I heard that the First Order was planning on starting to make their own weapons/ships although I knew this would be bad news for the Resistance. I was told that they had already started doing so on Snoke's ship, which was hidden away at the moment. Once in awhile I was asked questions and I gave some of my own thoughts. Since I grew up as a scavenger, I learned a lot about machinery and all that and knew a lot more almost everyone else in the room.

-Time Skip-

The meeting I thought went well and it was almost dinner time apparently. After the meeting I was to teach a squad of troopers about flying a tie fighter and we took a lap around the whole base to test them all and check everything. It went well and I found out the base was a lot bigger than I thought. I also found a weakness in the whole thing.

FN-2187 had to do some more training during that time so he was with his fellow troopers and Captain Phasma. At the moment I was in my room, thinking about everything and cleaning up. My burn didn't bother me much anymore because of the ointment although I knew it would leave a scar. My outfits had been delivered and so had some food for my kitchenette.

I had just gotten dressed from having a shower when someone knocked on my door. I opened it to find FN-2187 standing there. I let him in and told him to take a seat because we weren't going to the cafeteria for dinner. I grabbed some food and started cooking. Everything was silent until FN-2187 spoke up. "May I ask why we are not eating at the cafeteria?" He asked. I turned towards him before answering. "I have a feeling you haven't had real food before. The food at the cafeteria is, to say the least, fake." He nodded and I turned around again.

Soon enough the food was ready and I set two plates done. I started eating when I noticed FN-2187 was just looking at the food and I soon realized why. "I give you permission to take your helmet off." I said. He looked up and nodded before taking it off and setting it aside. I had never seen him without his helmet and I found that he had dark skin and dark hair. He ate calmly at first but when he realized I didn't care, he dug in. 'He must not have had real food in so long.' I thought.

"Tell me, how did you become a stormtrooper." I asked. FM-2187 finished eating before speaking. I washed the dishes as he talked. "I was taken from my village as a kid, I can't remember anything before than. I just remember being trained and then becoming a stormtrooper. I've never been on a mission before like most others. I'm technically a cleaner although I have started getting a bit of training now." I frowned and nodded. "I'm not surprised. What do you think of the First Order's methods?" I asked. His eyes widened but then he realized that I wouldn't harm him so he answered. "I don't exactly agree with their ways at all but I follow them because I don't have a choice unless I want to be killed."

He looked unsure when he answered and cautious but when he saw that I didn't have a hint of anger but curiosity, he continued. "I don't want to kill people and that is why I'm glad I've been a cleaner although because of the new training I'm getting I'm worried I'm going to be sent on a mission." I nodded but stayed silent. "You can go if you like." I said after a bit. I knew FN-2187 was uncomfortable and it was also getting late. He left and I got ready for bed. I went over some blueprints and changed a few things before I decided to get some sleep.