ch. 2

Valentino counted the time till recess. Recess. A break he very much needed. At least he wouldn't have to see the face of his teacher, Ms Banks. "Valentino Ricci Maneini are you paying attention?" He clutched his chest. The woman wanted to kill him. "Yes Ms. Banks." He answered in a bored tone but she didn't believe.

"Mr. Mene......" She was cut off by the bell. Valentino said a quick thank you to god before running out..

He played on his own during recess. Not that he didn't have any friends. On the contrary everyone wanted to befriend him. Unfortunately he tried as much as possible to limit himself to his age mates and befriend his seniors. This meant he could only play with others when the seniors had recess with them during the lunch break.

"Valentino! Valentino!" A cheerful female voice called from behind.  The owner of the voice now stood in front of him. He looked up at the five year old girl that would just not leave him alone. "Do you like my bow?"

She pointed at the pink bow that held her hair in a pony. He sighed and went back to playing with his toy.

Seeking attention, she snatched the toy from him. "Hey give it back!" He tried taking it back.

"I want to play with you."

"Well I don't."

"But why?"

"I just don't okay!"

"But why?" Her voice cracked a bit.

"Because I don't want to be your friend and also because you're annoying with your stupid bows."

For the first time ever, he saw her eyes fill with tears. She only wanted friendship. Suddenly the feeling of guilt took over. He scooted over to her. "Hey." He shrugged her a bit. "Hey." He shrugged her again.

"I'm sorry." He apologised, remembering his mother told him it was the polite thing to do.

"Here." She looked up at the toy he held to her. "What's your name?"

"Chantel."

"Do you want to be friends?" She nodded.

That was were their friendship started.  They played for a while before Valentino received news that his mother was in. He run to her and took her to his teacher.

Ms. Banks stood up when they entered. "Ms. Maneini."

"It's Mrs....Ms Banks." Nikki corrected. She didn't sound mean, she hopped.
Ms. Banks nodded and pointed at the chair in front of the desk.

"I wasn't expecting you."

"I'm one of his parents right?" Nikki said, running her hands through her son's curls.

"Yes but I was expecting the father." She still had on that smile that was pissing Nikki off by the second. She knew what was going on. The woman wanted her husband to be present hoping she could flirt with the great Romanov Valentino Maneini. Her husband.

"Umm why exactly did you ask to see my husband." She wanted to get this over with already.

*********************************

Nikki waited a minute more in the bathroom. Monica had already called her six times to remind her to speak to Roman. She felt that she had a huge responsibility. Her husband was head strong but......she had to try. She put her hair in a lose bun and walked out.

Roman's head went up when he heard her come out. He smirked when she offered one of her shy smile. In the tiniest way she still was and he liked that about her.