EPILOGUE

The sun was up and the birds seemed pretty happy about that since the kept chirping and singing. Indeed, it was a happy day. The family was out and celebrating. If one was to go around and examine everybody, they would not notice the hurt the family had endured in their recent war. Their battle scars were yet to completely fade away but, did they ever?

The Meneini's-and now Piason's, two Piasons' actually- had been through everything and to be finally out, celebrating, meant more than one could imagine to them. Now, every second counted. Every second they spent together, hearing each other's voice, a phone call, all that mattered. Their journey taught them to expect anything at any time; Life was too short.

Nikki almost jumped out her skin when she felt a tickle at her sides. She turned to the culprit; Valentino. He read the look in his mother's eyes and before she could pounce on him, he made a run for it. The sound of his laugh didn't dwindle as he swerved his way around the crowd.

"If I catch you..." He heard his mother say from around the corner. Spotting Dante, he run behind him. "What did you do this time?" He asked. Valentino shrugged in response. Dante shook his head and continued his conversation with three other elders.

A smile spread across Nikki's face as she stepped into the living room. It wasn't hard to spot Valentino even though he hid behind Dante. With a raised brow, she walked towards them and when Dante saw her, he offered a knowing smile which she easily reciprocated. "Got you!" She said as she playfully grabbed his shoulders and pulled him to view. What started as a soft laugh erupted into an uncontrollable one as she tickled him. "Okay mum! You win." He laughed out.

Satisfied, she stopped her sweet torture and hugged him for behind.

Valentino on the other hand was far from satisfied. He looked up at his uncle. "Uncle Dante, you snitched on me. Didn't you?" He quarried.

Dante scoffed. "I did no such thing." He defended.

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too." Roman said, appearing form behind them. He had their other child, Donatello with him. Donatello. Yes! That was his name. After they had settled everything, probably a week after, the eight-month-old boy was given a name. Immediately Nikki asked Roman for a name, a second didn't pass by when he said Donatello. It sounded so perfect. They both loved it so went with it.

Dante rolled his eyes. "You don't even know what we were talking about." Roman shrugged at that.

"Babe why did you bring him down here?" Nikki asked as she reached out for the sleepy child. "I was trying to get her to sleep." He defended himself.

"So, you brought him here?"

No sooner had she finished than Donatello start crying. She rolled her eyes. "Great." She started, "take him upstairs I'll join you soon." Roman nodded and took back the baby. "You too, little man."

Valentino scowled. He looked up her. "But I'm not even tired yet." He complained. "Well I am so..." She replied. He looked up at his father for backup. Roman was always his way up. Well at least he did his best. When Nikki was not around and he needed something, all he had to do was ask his father but when Nikki came along...well let's just say everybody knew who the actual boss was. So, he wasn't really surprised when his mother replied, "don't even think about it.' She continued, "Go say goodnight to everybody and go to bed. You have twenty minutes."

Valentino sighed in defeat and with slouched shoulders, he led the way. Before Roman could follow, Nikki stopped him. "My mum's getting ready to go to bed. I need to speak with her. Don't give Tino any ice cream before bed. I'll know."