ch. 3

COMPLETE BOOK CAN BE FOUND ON DREAME!!!!!

https://www.dreame.com/novel/BdAOav%2F5ZnY50Oh1nOngbw%3D%3D.html

Sasha joined her husband in the garden. She enjoyed the smell of roses and daisies. She thanked the maid who brought in a glass of grape juice. She smiled at the only man she loved. They had been through a lot together. After loosing her only child she became distant. She felt lost. They searched for her since the beginning and although it seemed pointless from the start they didn't give up. Finally after eighteen years they were successful. They way she readily welcomed them into her life was relieving. It meant she thought of them as she grew.

The only flaw in all this was that she fell for the son of the man who caused them so much pain. No amount of convincing could tear their daughter away from him. Sasha had learned to live with it and also him. Her husband was another story.

Five years down and he still didn't accept Roman. His hatred for he and his family elevated when he found out their involvement with the mafia. Heck the family was the Mafia. One of the most dangerous and powerful families in the world.

He returned his wife's smile. "What did she say?" He asked referring to their daughter Kara who was also known as Nikki because of the unfortunate events of the past.

"She's on her way. She was quite busy this week I must say."

Lucas frowned a bit. He knew exactly what his daughter was busy doing. She was busy taking care of that boy.......Roman. "That boy....."

"Lucas stop."

"He's bad for her."

"He's your in law."

"He's a Maneini." Lucas insisted.

"You need to let the past go."

"I need to let lost eighteen years go? Let the fact that that family is the most dangerous family go?"

Sasha rolled her eyes. Her husband was not wrong to feel that way she only wanted him to pretend to be okay with it, especially in their daughter's presence. "At least think of Valentino."

"Yes I am and that is exactly why Kara needs to leave that man." He pointed out.

Sasha shook her head. "Even Donavon is okay with it. Why can't you be too?"

Lucas thought of her question a rhetorical one. He felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone and checked who the caller was. Once he did he stood. "I have to go email something." He walked away.

After about thirty minutes Sasha walked back into the mansion to get things ready for dinner. She hoped her daughter, grandson and in law would make it. On the thought the door bell rang. "Mom! Dad!" The sweet sound of her daughter's voice filled the house causing a wide grin to spread on her face. "In here sweetie!" She shouted from the dinning room.

She heard them approach. "Grandma Sasha!" Valentino exclaimed as he run to her. She stumbled back a bit when he hugged her thighs. "My pumpkin how are you?" She giggled sending soothing pats to his back. "Easy there Vale before you hurt your grandma." Nikki warned appearing with Roman.

"Oh let the boy be." Sasha run her fingers through his soft brown curls. "How are you dear?" Sasha asked Nikki, pecking her. "Great. What about you?"

"As you can see I'm perfect."

"Good evening Sasha." Came Roman's deep voice. Sasha gave him an honest smile then the same welcoming hug Nikki received. "Good to see you Roman." He returned the smile.