ch. 22

"How are you feeling right now?" Doctor Isaac asked. "The headache had reduced." Nikki responded. She pushed herself into a sitting position. The doctor checked her temperature on more time. "Your fever has gone down as well." Nikki only smiled in response. She watched as he packed his tools. She didn't feel she needed a doctor but her husband thought otherwise. "Alright. I'll be on my way." He informed and she nodded. He gave her an innocent peck on both cheeks. "Make sure you take the pills." He reminded her as he made an exit.

Nikki was left alone with her thoughts. She wondered why Roman wanted her parents over. She probably wouldn't have been so worried if he wanted only her mother over but with her father as an addition, she could only wonder.

She grabbed the phone by her and dialed in her mother's number. It rung about two times before Sasha answered. "Kara." She heard Sasha breath. "M..mum." Sasha seemed beyond thrilled get daughter called. Ever since the arrest of Roman she tried reaching her but to no avail. "Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" She scowled.

"You know why, mum."

The older woman sighed. She did in fact know why and it scared her because she felt her husband was only going to push her away. She decided it best not to raise the topic with her father. "Why do you sound so tired."
"Well, because I am? Enough about me. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm great. Do have any news on Valentino yet?"

Nikki almost spilled the news Russo gave her earlier but thought against it. "No, but I'm sure Roman's people will so something about it." She replied. "Before I forget, can you and Lucas come over for dinner tomorrow?"

"Lucas?" There was curiosity mixed with shock in Sasha's tone. "No father will put the husband of his child behind bars for his own selfish reasons. He's your husband. Let's keep it at that." Nikki heard Sasha sigh. She knew she was taking things too far with her father but that was exactly what he did. He took things too far. "Will you make it?"

"We will but I have to ask, what do you plan on doing with Roman's situation?"

Nikki didn't know if it was better to inform her mother that Roman was back home, mainly because she didn't want her father finding out. "We'll discuss that when you guys arrive." She finalized.

Sasha hummed. "Alright. We'll be there by seven."

"Great. Perfect time."

"Alright by. Stay safe dear." Sasha ended the call. She had a sadder look on her face than before. This was what she didn't want to happen. She searched around the house for her husband until she finally found him in the garden. She noticed it when he quickly tuck his phone in his pocket. He had been doing that a lot these days and that made her wonder what he was up to.

"Are you okay?" She asked him as she sat beside him. He forced a smile which did nothing to hide his nervousness. "I don't look okay?" He questioned back. Sasha bit her tongue and decided to change the topic. "Sasha invited us for dinner tomorrow."

The news made Lucas sit up. "She did?" He asked and Sasha nodded. His lips spread into smile as he hoped the invite probably meant she was mad at him still. "Don't smile. She's still mad at you." Sasha informed, making his smile leave him. "She's just confused at the moment."

Sasha studied the man in front of her. He looked somewhat different from what she was used to. "What happened to you?" She asked. The fifty-five year old man decided to play the dumb card. "What happened to me?" He replied in a bored tone. "You've allowed hatred to corrupt your very being. You're hurting your daughter. Can't you see?"

"I'm protecting her!" He clapped back, allowing his voice rise to an octave. "From Roman? Well congratulations. You managed to put him behind bars, probably ruining any chance of getting Valentino back."