ch. 5

COMPLETE BOOK CAN BE FOUND ON DREAME!!!!!

https://www.dreame.com/novel/BdAOav%2F5ZnY50Oh1nOngbw%3D%3D.html

Important message at the end

The rest of the journey was quiet. Thirty minutes later they were before a mansion slightly bigger than the one at home. The armed men at the front showed bowed slightly and opened the gate. More armed men littered the entire area. These men looked more deadly than those in the USA.  The car came to a halt.

Nikki got off right after Monica, Laura and Roman who had Valentino in his arms. Them men guarding the front door gave Roman a respectful bow. He gave them a slight nod then directed his wife to the house.

The interior design was extraordinary. It had this vintage design as compared to that at home which explained why it was a family house. There were about six men guarding that particular area.

"Romanov!" His father boomed from the other end of the room. They turned to face his descending body.

"Papa." Roman nodded his way.

"How are you dear?" Donavon asked Nikki, pecking her on the cheeks. "Fine. You?"

"Wonderful. How is Valentino?"

"Tired." She smiled.

"I'm going to lay him down." Roman excused himself and headed upstairs.

Nikki looked around. "You have a wonderful home." She admitted.

Donavon's smile broadened. He slid his hand around his wife's waist. "It's a beautiful family home isn't it?" Nikki nodded.

"How are your parents?"

"Perfect. Mom sends her greetings."

"Dad?"

"He'll come around."

"Not entirely his fault."
"He could still male an effort."

Roman joined them, this time with his first three buttons lose and sleeve folded. He took his place by his wife. "I thought Pablo was already here." He said to Monica. "He is. He and Santino had to pick Matteo from the airport." She replied.

Matteo was an uncle from his father's side. He wasn't one of Roman's favourite people mainly because they never seemed to see eye to eye on anything. "Anyone else going to join us tonight?"

"They'll come tomorrow." Laura answered. Nikki's mind drifted off to nothing in particular when they started talking in their local dialect. She only understood one or two words they said.

Roman noticed her tired expression and so did Monica. "Roman take Nikki upstairs. She looks worn out."

Roman stood and helped his wife up. "Your aunty has a point. Make sure she gets some rest then come back down. We have some things to discuss." Donavon butted in. Roman responded with a firm nod.

"It's good to sew you again." Nikki smiled at Donavon, Laura and Monica. "Likewise." She responded. She excused herself and followed Roman to a room covered in black paint. Black fury carpet covered the empty space on the floor. Nikki took off her six inches and threw them on the floor.

"You've been pretty quiet since we arrived." Roman confronted her. She walked further in. "That's bad?" She asked with her hands on her waist.

"You're a talkative girl Cara." He pointed out. "You're still thinking about meeting the family." He concluded. Nikki licked her lips. His words held some truth but she wasn't about to give in. She didn't want to look like a coward.