ch. 10

"Cara.....what did you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Who did you call yesterday." She licked her lips nervously. "I.....I......" She stopped talking when she realised the words would just not form.

He swallowed hard still holding a hard expression. He didn't know what to feel or do. Maybe she didn't know but she had committed the greatest sin in the family. She had broken omertà.

He licked his lips and held her hands. Their closeness would give him a little sanity. He directed a confused Nikki inside the room.

"Kara!" Sasha exclaimed excitedly as she run to hug her. She let out a sob. "Mum." She breathed, loving the motherly comfort. She didn't know if she should raise the topic of her son although they already knew.

Roman cleared his jaw breaking the two. He looked directly at Lucas who stared at him with raging eyes. "I'm sorry but you have to come back later."

"What?" Sasha exclaimed, not sure she heard right. She noticed the expressionless look on his face. He wasn't joking and neither was her husband. He jumped off the seat. "Bullshit!" He bellowed. "My grandson just got kidnapped. My daughter needs people who truly love and deserve her by her side, to comfort her. Not you and your....." He looked towards Dante, Russo, Santino and then Pablo stood then added, "...people." Dante and Russo's jaws clenched in accordance.

Pablo and Santino have been around long enough to witness some of the bashful things Lucas had to say about Roman and the Italian Mafia as a whole.

Nikki saw Roman's hand clench and unclench and nose flare up in anger. "Cara per favours non lasciarmi uccidere.(Cara please don't make me shoot him.)" Roman growled out.

Nikki understood what he said because those were the same words he used when he felt someone was being comfortable with her. She knew they were not just empty words. She swallowed hard then slowly looked at both parents. "Uhm.....mum....dad." She licked her lips before finishing. "I...I...I think you guys should go home."

"Kara?" Sasha gasped. She needed to be by her daughter at a time like this.

"Mum. I'll come home. I promise." She pleaded.

"Not this again Kara." Lucas growled. "Why do you keep letting this man control you?!"

Nikki looked elsewhere. She was tired of her father thinking that way.

Her husband was a very dangerous man. When they started dating she new he was a bad boy but after they got married, he proved her otherwise. He wasn't a bad boy. He was a dangerous man.

He was possessive and a little controlling of things he considered his. Will it be bad if she didn't mind that she submitted to him most of the time. Not always, just when he gave her the secret look saying I mean business.

She suddenly felt angry at her father's lack of trust in her decisions. He should know she was a strong woman with her own will.

"Dad don't make this any harder for me. This goes way.....way beyond what you think." She pointed out.

He had an internal battle with himself for what looked like a minute before speaking out. "You have six hours after I leave here to call me. Or else......" He didn't need to finish his threat.

Nikki nodded and walked over to hug him. He held her close, finally letting go after a peck on her temple. Her mother did same and left with her husband.

Nikki sat down quietly. Roman's phone went off. He picked it up after the fourth ring. "What is it?" Roman silently listened to the  person on the other side of the line. After about thirty seconds he put the phone back in his pocket.