ch. 9

Nikki run to Roman when he walked in with the others. She had a faulty smile on her face. "Roman...." She looked beside him. "Where.....where's Vale?" Unable to look her deep in her  eyes, he hugged her. She removed herself from his hold. "Roman you're not answering. Where is he?"

"I'm sorry......"

"What!" She wailed out. Roman held her in his embrace. He was crying on the inside. Beating himself even. He bit his jaw, unable to see her as she was.

Donavon walked in last with Santino and Laura. They all had disturbed looks on their faces. They could feel Nikki's pain.

"My baby! I want my baby, Roman. I want him!" Roman led her upstairs to their room. She tried going out again. "No. I want to look for him." He pulled her back in, holding her tight, as if trying to take away some of her pain. "Roman please....." She placed her hand on chest trying to pull away from his hold. "Let me look for my son." She finally gave up the fight. "Please.....please."

He bit his jaw hard, trying to suppress his tears. He promised to bring back their son and he didn't. He closed his eyes and inhaled loudly. "I promise you Cara...I will find him."

He managed to put her to sleep after forty five minutes. He went to the bathroom to rinse his face before heading out downstairs. Some of his family members stayed while less than ten had to leave but promised to return the next day. Those with kids and wives headed upstairs to put then to sleep while the rest stayed.

His injured men where taken to the their hospital and some of those were clearing the house of dead bodies.

"Romanov." His mother embraced him in a hug when he reached. He allowed her embrace for a second. "How is she?" She asked.

He shrugged. "I managed to put her to sleep ten minute ago." He said in a low voice.

"You need to see this Don!" Pablo rushed in. Roman raised his eyebrow at him but followed him anyway with Monica, Laura, Donavon and Santino behind.

He met Bruno, Dante and Russo outside, standing with Pablo over three bodies. "Why am I here?" Roman asked in a tired voice.

"Inspect at them." Pablo said.

They were dressed like men from their family so Roman didn't know what the big idea was. "I'm not catching on."

"We checked their omertà tattoos.... their fake." Dante spoke up this time.

"What?"

"Look." Dante raised one's hand and showed Roman the back of his hand. "It doesn't have the four dots." He pointed out.

Roman looked carefully. Their tattoo hand four dots which could not be seen by others, only known by the Italian Mafia members. His brother was right. Their tattoos where fake.
"This means....."

"Whoever kidnapped Valentino knew exactly what they were doing since they managed to slip fake Men into our troupe?" Russo asked, cutting him off. "Yep!" He answered himself.

Roman roughly run his hand through his hair. "Cazzo!" He cussed. Just then his phone went off. He immediately picked it, having an idea who it may be. He waited for her to speak.

"Your son wanted to say goodnight but he's already asleep." She huffed. "Anyway my men told me you've started looking for your son." She let out a laugh. "I'm not stupid Roman. Italy is yours. Why would I kidnap your son and keep him there?" She laughed an unamused laugh.

"It doesn't matter where you go. I'll find you, and I'll kill you." He spat and cut the call.

"Got it!" Santino said almost immediately. "Their in a plane heading to New Orleans." He added. Roman walked to him. "Are you sure?"