ch.15

"She's not there." Russo informed Roman. "She's not on the left side either." Came Santino. Roman tugged on his hair frustratedly. They had searched the entire estate and nothing.

He faced the guards he left with her. He had half the mind to kill them all where they stood. "I leave you with my wife. I only asked one thing from you." He raised his hand and dropped it. "Protect her. Make sure she doesn't leave this place but I come back to find out you did the exact opposite." He walked in front of the head of security. "Now I think real fast you need to tell me where you escorted to for her little sleep over." He said in a calm yet dangerous voice which had the man before him shiver a bit.

"I checked with her friends they haven't heard from her either." Pablo informed when he walked in. Roman didn't answer. His gaze was focused on the head of security, patiently waiting for an answer.

"I swear Don I tried stopping her." He stammered. The place was quiet then.......

Pow!

He lay in his own pool of blood. Nobody flinched. Actually they were shocked Roman let him even live that long. Roman moved to the left and faced another guard. "You have one minute." He growled. The guard didn't need to be told twice. He scrambled out along with the others lined up.

Another three hours had passed. It was 10:00pm exactly. An exact day since his wife's strange disappearance and he was losing it. Everybody in the house was on their toes.

Roman's men were scared for two reasons now. One their Don's wife and child were no where to be found and secondly, Roman was slowly losing his mind.

Not that he hadn't already lost it, just that the only things keeping him a little sane where not around and also he hadn't taken his meds since Valentino's disappearance.

None of his close five men could say anything to him at the moment. Pablo stared at Dante. Santino stared at Russo and Dolan at Roman. He was on his third packed of cigarette with his shirt unbuttoned and his hair messy.

"And she let the guard with her fucking phone." He scoffed at himself. That had Dolan thinking. "If she left her phone with the guard then she knew exactly where she was going." He thought.

His eyes widened at his own discovery. He cocked his head to the side. Why didn't they think of that earlier. He walked over to Roman and asked for his phone. With a raised eyebrow and also without question he handed it over.

Dolan scrolled through it until he found what he was looking for. Roman watched with an emotionless expression as his best friend copied what he thought was a number to his phone.

Dolan pressed call and put it on speaker. After the third ring someone answered. "Good evening Piason residence how may I help you?" A sweet voice answered.

This got the attention of everyone in the room. Roman raised his eyebrow at Dolan. "Yes good evening. I was wondering if miss Kara was around. Her friend Clarissa asked me to check."

"Yes sir. Should I let her know someone wants speak to her?"

Roman shot up from his seat but Dolan moved from where he was before Roman could snatch the phone.

"Uhhhh....No. We're planning a surprise for her so it'll be better if she didn't know about this call."

"Yes sir. Is that all?"

"Yes. Thanks." He cut the call and smirked at the five men. "You Italian......" He pointed between them before continuing, ".....motherfuckers need me." He teased with a smug look on his face.