ch. 14

Three days. That's how long it had been since Nikki made that stupid mistake. That's how long Roman had been avoiding her. He came back home really late at night, tired from searching for their son and when he was home he avoided her completely. When she tried speaking to him he just looked at her till she was done and walked away.

She played with her food. Tonight he was at home, eating dinner with her. She didn't like the silence. "Roman." She called, raising her head to look at him. He dropped his fork and looked at her with his infamous emotionless look.

She licked her dry lips. "Please speak to me. I made a big mistake. I know and I'm sorry, but not speaking to is just plain childish." She finished. She sat waiting for him to say something.

To her dismay, he pushed back his chair, stood and left. Her eyes became teary. Her heart couldn't take all what was going on. Not having her son already took a toll on her. She needed her husband by her so they could plan something together.

She looked to the direction he left. She covered her face and sighed. She heard the head guard appointed her stand behind her. "What is it?"

"Your father called the house." He informed. She raised her head to him. "Did he say anything?"

"He said to call him immediately."

She nodded. She gulped down her glass of water. Her heart felt heavy. The room got hotter. She run to the bedroom. Thankfully Roman was not there.

Nikki began pacing the room. She didn't know what was going on with her but she knew she could blame it on everything going on.

She felt the tears rolling down her cheeks. She needed to relief herself, someway somehow, of some of the pain.

An idea popped in her mind. She run to the drawer on Roman's side of the bed. With shaky hands she opened it. Her heart beat faster when her gave met the transparent bag. She took it out.

God knows she didn't want to do it but she needed some sort of comfort and it appeared her husband prepared to give it to her.

She sat on the bed with the bag on her thighs. The air stopped entering her lungs as she opened it and dipped in her finger. She swallowed had as she brought out her index finger, covered in cocaine. After inhaling deeply, she finally decided to put it in her nose.

Just as she decided to do it Roman walked in. She rushed to hide it behind her, dusting off the one her finger.

Roman's gaze finally fell on her. She was looking too suspicious for him. He decided to ignore it and her and carry on with what he came to look for. He walked to his side of the bed to his drawer.

Suddenly his eyes caught something on the bed. Nikki noticed as his eyes lingered on her thighs for longer than a second. Following his gaze, she saw some of the cocaine on her thigh. On reflex, she wanted to clean but Roman beat her to it.

He put it on his tongue. After another second, he straightened his back. His jaw clenched and Nikki felt a bit frightened. Without any warning he grabbed her by her arm and pulled her, exposing the bag of coke.

For minute she thought she saw his eyes turn red. He pushed her aside and reached for it.

"Really Nikki?" He growled. She didn't do anything to wipe the tears that kept flowing.

"What? Now you speak to me?" She spat. She took his silence as a simple answer. Letting out an unamused laugh. "Now you notice me. You're......" She stopped talking when she saw him walking out on her.

She watched him exit with her mouth opened and a look of disbelief drawn on her face. She looked on the bed. Of course he left with the cocaine.

She dropped on the bed. She was tired of all this. She took her phone and went through her gallery. The last pictures she took with her son came on. She bit her lip to stop herself releasing a sob. Her eyes on the other hand didn't play along. Bringing the way phone yo her lips, she kissed it. "Please forgive me. If I was smarter you will had been already found." She sobbed finally, unable to bottle it all up.