ch. 12

Important note at the end.

Nikki couldn't sit back and do nothing. It had been seven hours since he husband left with his men. Exactly forty eight hours since her son got missing and yet nothing. Her husband hadn't returned home the previous night but she knew he was safe. She was scared for the well being of her son. She knew Roman wouldn't approve of her going anywhere but still.

She parked in front of the green house. She allowed the fresh air drive away some eagerness for about two seconds after she got out before walking up to the house and knocking on the door.

"Yo! Chill I'll be right there." That familiar voice shouted from inside. She pulled her jacket closer to her body for warmth.

"Wild one?" He seemed a little shocked to see her at his door step. "Sean. Sean you have to help me." She rushed out.

He opened the door further for her. "Come in." He said when he saw her shiver a bit from the cold. She walked into the house still anxious.

"Nikki I...I heard on....." He started but she nodded, cutting him off. "I need your help."

"What about your husband?" He asked. "He can only do so much. Please." She pleaded. He saw the desperation in her voice. I hurt him to see her like that. At first they were not entirely good friends but she was, at that time, still a member of the slums and those in the slums stuck up for one another.

"Sure." He confirmed. She had already done so much for them this was the least they could do for her. "What do we do?"

"Uhhhhhh...." She run her hand through her hair, thinking. "You have connections. Let's ask those underground if they've heard or seen anything."

He nodded. "I'll inform Steven and Marley." She nodded, smiling a bit. She had a little hope now. "I'll be outside." He nodded but before she could walk out, he called her. "Thank you for rebuilding the shops and houses for us."

She smiled. It was no big deal. Her mother broke them and it was only right for her to rebuild them. After all, she did grow up there.

"It's nothing. You guys are my family." She replied and walked out.

Roman cussed and slammed his phone on the desk. This was the tenth time he called his wife and all the time she didn't pick up. "Why the fuck isn't she answering?!" He asked Dolan who shrugged. "She probably left it somewhere."

"At a time like this she's not supposed to leave her phone anywhere."

Dolan chuckled. "Would you calm down?"

"I can't." He sighed and settled in his chair. "We spent about eighteen hours yesterday looking but nothing. Not even the slightest sign that he was there."

"But he called you yesterday by himself?"

"Yes."

Dolan sighed. This was all too much. The kidnappers still hasn't said what they wanted. They hardly called either.

"This is all too suspicious for me" Dolan spoke up. "What is?"

"First of all to kidnap someone in the Italian Mafia takes special types of balls and planning. Secondly they have to want something to take that risk. They haven't asked for anything so far."

Roman nodded, agree in with him. "All she does is taunt."

"I have to tell you something." Dolan spoke up. Before he could continue Russo walked in. He had disappoint written all over his face. He didn't have to talk for Roman to know he found nothing.