ch. 13

"Excuse me. Who is this?"

"You can call me your savior."

"My sav...." Nikki was cut off by the woman. "Someone wants to speak." There was shuffling until finally, "Mommy! Mommy!" Her son exclaimed, excited and relieved to speak to her.

"Vale? Vale!" She yelled. Her heart was beating too fast. "Vale where are you?!" She rushed out. The clicking of tongue against teeth was heard as response. "Let me speak to my son. Please." She sobbed unable to control her emotions.

The voice laughed. "Well you sound desperate." She teased. "Tell me what you want." Nikki demanded. She was getting tired of all the games. She must have wanted something to have gone through all the trouble.

"What makes you think I want anything?"

"You must want something. What is it? Money? An island?"

The female laughed at her expense. "Sill girl. I don't want any of that." She spat.

"Then tell me what you want!"

"I want my man back." That made Nikki confused. "What?"

"He was mine before you stepped in the picture." She started to explain. "He didn't exactly show it but I knew he love me. Until you came in the picture. That family dinner five years ago worked but I failed to realise you had him wrapped around your fingers. It was too late." The hatred never left her voice as she spoke.

"Tanya?" Nikki wasn't so sure but she had a feeling it was her. The Italian accent was there.

"You're damn right." She responded. Nikki could feel her smirk. Nikki run her fingers through her curls. She hopped she could reason with her. "Listen Tanya. I'm sorry it didn't work out between  the two of you but trust me you don't want this. You don't want to ruin our family."

Tanya snickered. "What makes you think that." She let out a heartily laugh. "You think you're something special don't you? You married a man whore. Do you have any idea the number of women who shared your husband's penis?"

Nikki already knew that. Her husband was not the most decent man but she knew one thing. Her husband would never cheat on her. He was too scared to lose her. Too afraid.

Tanya continued. "You want your son don't you?" It was a rhetorical question. She already knew the answer. "You'll have your son. In exchange I want your wedding ring."

"My wedding ring?" Nikki asked immediately, baffled that she would request for such a thing even. "I can't give you my wedding ring."

"Then you don't want your son."

"I do but I can't just give you my wedding ring." Nikki tried reasoning with her. "If you want a ring so bad my husband can give you money to buy twenty of better kinds an......"

Tanya got fed up and cut her off. "That's not what I want and husband..... this is between just as two. You have till the end of the day. I'll send you the location. Bring my ring and you'll have your son. No games." With that she cut the call.

Nikki turned to where to guys stood. She was still thinking through what Tanya had said as she walked to them.

"Wild one are you okay?" Marley asked. They all noticed the change in her mood. She nodded. "I have to leave now." She said whiles placing her phone in her purse. "Let me know if anything comes up." She hugged her three friends and said goodbye to the rest before going to her car. Before she could even spark the engine her phone rang. She quickly took it out, hoping it was Tanya.

Unfortunately it was Dante. She chose not to answer it because of obvious reasons. Roman was going to have her head when she got home but she could handle that.