ch. 36

"Cara." Roman growled.

His heart was beating way to fast for his own health. Even when she jumped away from him, he could still see Nikki's lips on Kevin's.

What started as a shiver extended into visible shaking which frightened both parties. "Roman." Came Nikki but no response. She called him again. "Roman, are you okay?" Still no answer.

"Let him leave. I want to speak to you." Roman growled.

Nikki raised her brow. "You already saw me this morning."

"I know." Roman seethed.

Nikki looked from him to Kevin as she contemplated being alone with Roman. She wondered what he wanted to say that couldn't be said later or earlier.

Kevin saw the look in her eyes. He knew she was thinking of speaking with Roman and he didn't like it one bit. In fact, he thought she had stopped speaking to Roman because for the past few weeks, anytime he visited, he didn't see him and he liked that.

Even though he knew Roman had a wife, if he wanted to have an affair with Nikki, he might have a better opportunity than him. Roman was rich, handsome and powerful. It may be easier to woo her.

"You'll have to come back later. At the moment we are having a conversation." Kevin found himself saying.

Roman's head did a one-eighty to him. He was a second away from snapping the man's neck he didn't need motivation from his voice.

"No, Kevin. It's fine." Nikki chipped in. "Stay here while I go upstairs with him."

"No!!" Roman growled. "Let him leave."

Nikki stood and faced him with her hands crossed. Her brows twisted in concussion. "Well, you're in no place to make demands in my home." Without breaking eye contact with him, she said to Kevin. "Please wait upstairs for me."

An internal smile spread through him when she stood up for him. He stood and whispered in her ear. "I'll take the baby with me. If anything goes too far scream for me." She followed his plea with a nod. Sparing Roman one last glare, he cautiously and hesitantly walked to the kitchen, discrete carried the baby, and headed upstairs.

"What do you want?" She questioned.

"Are you in a relationship with that man?" He seethed.

Nikki hesitated giving him a response but did it anyway. "What if I am? Scratch that how did you get in?" Roman did not see the importance of telling her he had a spare key. She was his wife. He didn't need to ask for her permission to keep her safe.

"Earlier this morning you were begging to gain your memory and now you're busy kissing another man?" He spat out the question, leaving her in shock. Nikki felt her heart beat speeding up. She was sure what she felt at the moment was not anger, seeing as that's how she knew their conversations to go but hoped it didn't extend to it.

"Roman, I'm too tired and bored for this conversation. You may leave." She said. Nikki walked to him and tempted to direct him to the door but he moved out the way.

The dismissive tone in her voice didn't sit too well with him. "Are you fucking him?" Her face scrunched in distaste and displeasure at his choice of words. "Well excuse you."

"Are you?!"

"I'm a full grown woman. I don't owe anyone, especially you, an explanation for anything I do. You made it quite clear where we stood."

He scoffed. "I told you not to misread things in front of you, not go whoring about." He spat with venom lacing his voice.

"You will not speak to me like that!" She seethed right after him. "How dare you?!"