The visitor

Wish you all a very Happy New Year in advance...  I hope all your wishes come true

As Akshi walked into her home, with Trisha and Yash gloomily following her, she couldn’t stop herself from frowning when she saw a pair of shoes kept near the shoe rack.
They were different from what any of her family members ever wore. The excitement of someone being visiting them was what she had always felt, but somehow now it only irritated her.
Having a guest at home meant more fake smiling, answering some fake concerned questions and letting go of that time which she would have spent in her room or maybe balcony reading.
Or what may be what she had planned to do today.
Sort her thoughts off.
To decide what was it really that she felt for him? What did she really felt about him being with disha?
Akshi shook her head, as she removed her shoes and socks and kept them in their respective place.
The voices of laughter were what filled around the leaving room, it wasn’t daily though that she could hear this and was glad that whatever the reason was it had a power to lighten up her home.
As she neared the room, she could finally see her whole family sitting there, including Preeti her sister in law and her eldest brother Rohit, and the new addition whose back was to her, yet the way they were dressed and the way their hair was set she somehow knew who it was and soon tackled them in a huge hug.
“I didn’t know you were coming!!” she squealed and almost choked them to death. But they as well knew what was it, and how to tackle these hugs.
As Akshi let them go, the person turns around and finally faced her.
Her friend. Her very first friend that life had given her. The only person who knew how Akshita Singhaniya worked!
“Damn girl I at least deserved a much better hug,” Ankit said as he took a step ahead and hugged his long-term best friend.
It wasn’t daily that he would get an off from college and would be allowed by his parents to come to Mumbai and meet Akshi. But now that he was finally getting enrolled in college here in Mumbai it seemed an easy task.
Ankit Awasthi, a year elder to Akshi, her childhood mate. They were neighbours during their summer vacations. Both of them shared the same paternal neighborhood, and the same old story of having irritating elder siblings.
Even though they had a year’s gap, they clicked in very well and had blinded in the sweet nectar of friendship.
“How come you are here? And what’s with these formals?” Akshi eyed his clothes.
Perfectly ironed, linen shirt and trousers with a tie! He looked great, and somehow she realized her best friend did look great in formals.
“I had an interview, I am getting admission here in Mumbai and would be staying with you all till I get into hostel and stuff.”
The huge smile that had got plastered on Akshi’s face was remarkable. How far had it been that she had smiled this much?
She thought. The duration was really very short and long back, and it really felt good. Somehow Ankit’s arrival did a great job to her health for sure.
“oh great, Come with me now enough of talking with these people I have to tell you so many things, I just hope you aren’t busy because if ever you are I don’t care.”  Akshi much to everyone's horror dragged him around the sofa towards the stair and presumably towards her room as well.
The excitement was evident in each and every step that she took, while a content feeling that lingered in Ankits heart finally seeing the girl smiling who had since that tender age been able to snatch his heart away from him.
Maybe it was early, but this he was sure he wouldn’t let anyone take his Akshi away from him.
The small minutes had turned into hours and the hours had gone by so quickly that the afternoon turned into evening and the evening turned into night.
Yet the doors to Akshi’s room were closed while the loud voices of laughter and cheers rang throughout the first floor.
The Singhaniya house seemed as if after a decade was hearing this musical laughter.
As Vishambhar Singhaniya walked through the stairs towards his study, he stopped in his tracks, the voice reached his ever-waiting ears as unknowingly happy tears fell from his eyes. He let them be, the whole world somehow didn’t have time to see what was happening behind the doors of this house, but he had an idea what was his daughter fought ever night.
With a contented sigh, he walked towards her room instead of the study and knocked the door. He waited for some time and when the doors didn’t open he himself opened them and stood there, his mouth wide open, and a small and weak heart almost fluttering.
There stood his granddaughter, after such a long time in front of the canvas all the while singing in her melodious voice while she did her wonders on the canvas.
He wondered what did she paint this time?
She was just the replica of her grandma, a true singer, an artist and a perfect storyteller. Though the art of storytelling filled into her the worst way a person could imagine, she did wonders.
“Akshi… oh!!” he laughed as he saw a bit of paint smeared on her nose as she tried to move the bangs of hair that fell on her face.
Before he could go ahead and tend to her, the new guest who was the sole reason for this wonderful change in her took a step ahead and cleaned it for her.
The love and tenderness in his eyes, never being missed the aged and experienced eyes of Vishambhar.
How much did he want that boy out of this room that very moment, but he knew if he wanted his Akshi back than Ankit had to stay?
Until the time he didn’t have any threat from him, he was fine of this friendship. His daughter was just a small tulip; none of the wolves could take her away from him. He thought and nodded to himself as he walked ahead of his plan still in his brain.
“Akshi, I was thinking since Ankit is here, why don’t we call Dhruv and his friends to introduce them to him over our born fire?”  Vishambhar proposed as he tried to take a peak of the canvas.
“I think that’s fabulous, even dhruv would be ecstatic to meet him.. What say Ankit?” she asked her eyes shining with excitement.
“Yeah sure come let's make the calls.”
“Alright, then I will let you guys plan it, till then I will tell your parents and grand mom about it.” Vishambhar nodded at Ankit and smiled sweetly at Akshi, as he reluctantly walked out of the room.
All the while, listening to the excited squeals, curses and laughter of his daughter!
And he knew, as much as a successful business man he was, nothing in this world could trade to what he felt right now.