The Holi

Walking swiftly towards the small temple in their house, Akshi heaved a sigh of relief, atleast till the time she was here she would be safe, none had the guts to come in here and apply color on her.

Akshi loved and adored the festival, but the way kartik had put colors on Khushi and Trisha she would rather stay here hungry without anyone and without even meeting Abhi.

It was their first Holi that they were going to celebrate together and here she was, all thanks to Kartik hiding from everyone.

As she sat down on the mat her eyes fell on the Ramayana that was wrapped in a red colored cloth. Raking her eyes all over the leaving room, she licked her lips and sat down and opened the holy book.

Her grandmother every month changes the book that she reads out to her children, sometimes its Mahabharata, the Geeta, or Ramayana or chanakya neeti. It was through these books that Akshi had got interests in reading books and stories that had became her companion for life.

Joining her hands together, she quickly lit the lamp and began reading, one page than the other and than the other, until she felt a presence beside her.

Akshi's eyes swayed from the fonts in the book, they moved towards her side and met with the familiar chocolate brown eyes that had once again taken her breath away, and had captured all her attention.

"Hii." He said. A smile spread across her lips. Remembing the task at hand she, quickly turned around, joined her hands together and made a small wish.

The same which she had always made when she would be seated like this in this temple.

"Let all those whom I love be happy."

Opening her eyes once again, she closed the book, and took the small vessel that had sweet in it and turned towards Abhi who was still looking at her. Picking up a few crumbs from the bowl she forwarded it to him as he took it and ate it, and once again watched her carefully as she took off her scarf from her head and wrapped it around her neck.

"I didn't know you prayed." He stated, and rested his back by the marble walls.

"I pray, not regularly, but yes once a day, it makes me feel happy. To be honest I don't know if they are truly there or just a figment of my imagination. But I know that I feel good when I just sit here, without any worry of the world and let them decide what is best for me."

When Abhi didn't said anything, Akshi folded her one leg and rested her chin on it and asked, "What are you thinking"

"Why are you here today?"

"I am hiding from Kartik, he... you might have seen what he did with Khushi and Trisha." Her eyebrows scrunched as she saw him laughing.

"Why did you come here?" she asked, her head tilted a bit towards right as she assessed him.

"When I came here, everyone was at the table minus you, so I asked Bhabhi where you were, but then she was the safest person to ask," the two laughed at that, if not for Sonika or Preeti these two would have never got to be where they were today. "But even they didn't know much about your so called hiding place, at that surprisingly dadi came and told me, I can find you here."

"It's not a surprise; dadi was the one who told me that when you don't really know answers to any of your questions you can always get here." Akshi said with a small smile, but Abhi had known better of her.

"And what is it that bothers you?" he asked, taking Akshi a bit surprise.

"I – "

"Yes you do, now tell me what is it that bothers you?"