The Date

The next day Preeti walked upstairs once she was sure that all the arrangements for the breakfast were done and Sonika was well informed of where to find what in the kitchen. As she neared Akshi's room she couldn't stop herself but laugh remembering how she and Kartik had fell into an entertaining banter as she explained his tanctics. Surely the elders agreed with Akshi's condition as it seemed quite acceptable as well.

Knocking twice on the door she waited for sometime for the door to open, but when it didn't she twisted the knob and was surprised to find it unlocked. With light steps she walked inside and was surprised to see almost everyone sleeping there.

The bed was occupied by khushi, pihu, nevi and Trisha, whereas shruti, Juhi , lulu and khushi had occupied the floor with kartik, Ankit, Dhruv and Aishwarya. In all the mess that was around the room, Preeti tried to locate Akshi but she failed to do so.

Giving up the hopes of waking anyone of them, and asking her where abouts, Preeti was about to turn around when the curtains to the balcony flowed about due to the wind that was flowing around. Her eyes squinted as she jumped to the other side of a dozed off Kartik and moved closer to the balcony to see two figures sitting or may be rather – sleeping, in a very compromising and fatal position.

Her lips twictched at the two corners as she decided it was better they weren't found this way. She walked a bit closer and made a voice such that she was sure Akshi would get up. But rather than waking up, she snuggled even closer into Abhi's arms as he wrapped her in his arms even more with a beautiful smile on both of their facing.

Deciding, though it looked cute, yet it was enough, she turned around and in a loud voice called out. "Kartik ! get up, I cant find Akshi anywhere..." she then pretended to search for her, as she saw everyone getting up immediately... their sleep long forgotten.

Preeti than turned back towards the window and called out to Akshi, once she saw her getting up and Abhi walking towards the railing of the Balcony, she almost had an heart attack thinking of the possibilities. But it seemed the guy was smarter and he brought a ladder that was kept at the far end of the balcony adjusted it very well, and than got down.

She saw in awe as Akshi quickly bid a bye to him, and turned aroud, messing up her hair a bit, in a sleepy voice she called out to her and said, "Bhabhi don't scream early in the morning I am here only."

"what were you doing in the balcony... don't tell me you slept there the whole night!" Preeti pretended to not show the most obvious details that she was aware about, as she narrowed her eyes on her sister in law.

"chill, I have a habbit of doing that for years, but this time it was just awesome." Her radiant face glowed with happiness as she got lost in her thoughts. Preeti shook her head at her craziness and in a wry tone said,

"I can see that... but for now, get ready the breakfast is about to be done and Abhi will be here anytime." Preeti smiled as she saw the way Akshi was completely in daze and decided to talk to her about this incident later on when everything would be settled.

Warning the others to get ready and be there for the breakfast, Preeti made her way downstairs to look after the rest of the arrangements.

With her hair wrapped in an old towel of her's, and the bathrobe titghtly tied to her waist, Akshi finally walked out of the bathroom... a silly smile had always accompanied her face, as her mind would again and again go back to the moments of last night.

How worried she was, when Abhi had called her last night and had asked her to meet in her balcony. He had claimed that she had to make up for the two days and what all he did for her. However, once that he was here, she had comepletly forgotten about her family and had sepnt hours talking to him and than in the wee hours of the morning they had fell asleep.