Bonus Chapter 2

The project, the Annual day and the Rain

Please read the Author's note at the end. 

"Who amongst you all can read the best here?" the Hindi teacher asked, as she scanned her eyes around. Whereas Akshi was busy reading something in the sparsh text book one of the books specially designed for the 10th standard cbse students, as Abhi tried to hide the best way he could.

"Abhishekh will you read?" the teacher asked the most dreaded question, and as much as Abhi knew it was of no use to fight with her.

Hence reluctantly he stood up, took hold of the book that he had managed to borrow from the other class and brought it quite close towards his eyes, as he tried to read.

"Tantara Vamiro..."

With a bit of difficulty as Akshi tried to suppress her irritation towards the way Abhi was reading, she noticed how Abhi was still struggling to read a few lines. It was then she noticed yet one more thing about him.

Abhishekh Rajput, though was good at speaking Hindi, he couldn't read it.

"Abhishekh beta, its fine you can sit down, it was my mistake that I asked you to read this."

As Abhi sat down he couldn't help but roll his eyes at the absurdness of the lady. If she knew he couldn't do it, why bother? He thought. But soon his attention was grabbed by the teacher as she asked Akshi to stand and read.

It took everything in him not snicker at the happenings.

He waited as his partner stood up and took hold of her book. It was as if she could understand what was going on in his mind as she turned towards him for a moment and glared at him.

Abhi raised his eyebrows at her as if to ask what was it, but all he got in return was her famous 'you are impossible' shake of head as she turned back and began reading.

And as each of the words succeeded to a line and then to a Para, Abhi kept on looking at her, and then back at the book from time to time as if mesmerized.

He didn't knew when did it really happen, but he found himself looking at the book, his gaze target less, while his complete attention was on Akshi's words or the story that she narrated.

It was somewhat by two pages that had succeeded that the teacher stopped her and asked,

"What did you all understood till now?" the question really hit him home, what was it that he understood with this story till now?

When none answered, Akshi raised her hand and said, "Ma'am in this story, there is a warrior named Tantara who lived in the southern lands, he was said to be one of the best warriors his sword was claimed to have some magic, one day he reaches the village of Vamiro a peasant girl, with whom he is immediately enchanted. The two keep on meeting each other as he has to stay in the village due to the political issues going on in the village."

The teacher than gave her own explanation, and asked Akshi to read further on, the lecture for that day was about to be ended but the students requested the teacher to take an extra lecture as Akshi kept on reading further.

She read how the two talked about each other's dreams as they sat by the sea shore and then finally Tantara confessed his feelings for her. As the story progressed the class learned, how soon the villagers came to know about their relationship and were against it, as they didn't married off their girls to any families out of their village.

The atmosphere in the class changed as the story progressed into a tragic love story as how the villagers defiled their love and the questionable life of Tantara and Vamiro.