Parents Arrival

As Akshi walked through the doors of her small flat that she shared with Kartik, she could clearly listen to the soft murmurs that came from the living room's couch. It seemed a serious discussion was going on, though there wasn't any soft yellings or aqusing, she still felt a bit uneasy to be in the same room as her parents.

With a deep breath and mustering as much of a confidence that she possessed within herself, she walked ahead, this time she didn't made even an ounce of effort to put up a smile on her face to assure her parents that she was doing well and was happy to have them there.

And somewhere her conscience did accused her for being unfair to them, yet she was adamant, She wanted her parents to know that no matter what they thought nothing was going to change between them.

Once near the table where she usually kept her belongings she could finally see her mom. The lady looked so frail, winkles had began to make their appearance on her face, while her dad, he was still the same proud man, though the dark circles and frown that now seemed to be his constant companion didn't seemed fair to her for She had always wanted her old man and lady to be healthy and happy never like this - looking defeated and old.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked, her voice sounded so unknown even to her own ears.

"Ohh , Akshi thank God you are here, kartik told us you were quite busy now a days, so much as to not even give your mom a call?" her mom called out to her as she stood up from the sofa and rushed towards her with open arms, only for Akshi to take a step back.

The disappointed look didn't go unnoticed by Akshi, but she wasn't in any mood to forgive her parents just yet. She wanted them to as well know how it pained for her to know their indifferent behavior all the while that she had suffered.

"There isn't any festival coming up as much as I know, I wonder what brings your guys here?" Akshi's eyes went from her mother to her dad and then back to kartik who sat in the plush sofa scowling at her.

"We didn't got any call from you for about a month now, hence we decided to call kartik and talk about it.." her dad stood up, with his hands in his pockets he walked towards the dining table that was right opposite to her and stood there leaning by it. With cold stanza of his, the glares that the father daughter threw at each other, Akshi could surely feel the air being dropped in the room as she realized she wasn't talking with her dad, but the businessman with whom she had made a deal a month back from now.

"I was busy.."

"So I was told about, but what would you explain about these timings and your unavailable weekends?"

Akshi took a deep breath and looked at kartik, his head that hung down spoke volumes of his deceit.

"Don't glare at him, it was his duty to look after you and since you weren't cooperating he had to bring us in. So tell us what's all this?" Arvind's voice boomed throughout the flat as his anger which was all due to his worry for his daughter increased a notch. His eyes stayed glued to his daughter who though stood in front of him with the same face and body structure yet seemed so unknown.

He wondered where was his princess who would run off to him even though he would be out just for mere hours. And today it had been months and though he was standing there in front of him, she was apart... they were miles apart.

And he couldn't blame anyone but him for that.

"I am taking care of myself very well, and these things are going to continue only for a month more... dad we are organizing a TEDx event, it's the first time I am doing something like this and I want this to be best... I had promised you I will be in my limits, hence I am always home before 10 that was my curfew right-"