Chapter 1: Gatekeeper

She looked at her outfit in awe. It brought all her curves out but still made her look a cute bunny.

If they only knew...

She took up her bag with her flash drive and song book safely in it. She hopped into her Benz driving to the directions she used a few days ago.

She was so nervous and it was getting her jittery. The last company she signed with did nothing to boost her career so she took matters into her own hand.

After what happened...

She parked her car outside the huge empire in front and walked to the receptionist in the middle of the spacious room.

"Hey girl"

"Hey porsch porsch"

"Girl you snatching last time you were here you was rocking a white tee and jeans"

"Well now I'm going to be signed to the label"She smirked waving at her before she strutted to Luscious's office.

Her phone rang and she answered not even looking at the name.

"Hello"

"Baby, when are you going to tell your mom" She squeezed her eyes in realization and apologized quickly.

"Who told you?"

"Your sister"

That snitching bitch.

"I was going to tell you when it was official"She continued to walk to his office holding phone in between her shoulder and searching through her bag for her pill she forgot to take.

Her body collided into a body in front of her making her drop the papers in the other person's hand.

"Mama I'mma have to call you back"She hung up and started helping pick up the paper when he stopped her.

"It's alright"She looked up and gasped slightly.

DAMN he fine as hell

"Thank you"Her eyes widened, forgetting that she was thinking it so she usually said it.

"I'm Jamal" He smirked and she averted her eyes from the sexy caramel skinned being in front of her.

"I'm Kiana" His phone started ringing and he gave a deep sigh looking her up and down a little.

"See you around"She stood there for a few moments before continuing her journey. When she reached his office she knocked on the door.

"Come in" She walked in with a big smile and he just smirked at her excited form.

"Hey babygirl"He stood up and started walking outside her following behind.

"I had everyone important go to the meeting room and their waiting to see you and hear your song, you performed for me" She nodded hastily trying to keep up with his sharp turns.

He opened the door where a lot of people were seated talking.

"Who you mama?" A guy blinged down said eyeing her hungrily.

"Not yours and I ain't your mom" She answered back eyeing him fiercely.

"Fine by me you could be my baby girl"

"Boy shut up"A older dark lady answered slapping him in the head "I'm Cookie he Hakeem"

She looked around and saw Jamal already watching her with a smirk she blushed looking down shyly.

"Introductions later all I want y'all to listen to her"

I gave him the flash drive and he walked away with it and brought back a mic. The music started playing and she lost into the song surrounding the beat.